Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of waiting for snow in Iowa and looking at my new F7. Went to Lake Gogebic Tues the 14th. Took my 15 yr old son and his 94 EXT 580. (5100 miles on it). Took my time and broke it in right the first day. The thing ran like bat out of hell the 2nd day. (Thanks Rob for the suspension changes. It handle great!). Fueled up end of 2nd day at the same gas pump as before. 3rd day ran great for about 30 miles then started to cut out and lose power. Had to feather the throttle to keep it running. Limp it back to the cabin and started to call dealers. Nobody within 2hrs was able to look at it for a couple of days. Talked to one dealer and said it sounded like a faulty smart valve. He said he's seen a couple replacements bad already. Loaded up and headed home, lost 2 days cabin rental and it snowed 4 1/2 inches the day we left. Taking it to the dealer on Mon. I thought with all the updates I would be ok. Not the case. Have been running Cats forever and bleed green but not off to a real good start with this one. By the way as I was limping across Lake Gogebic with my F7 my son was doing circles around me with his EXT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts