Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just walked in the door from my cat dealer,
my red f7 sno-pro needs the update, but my buddys green f7 sno-pro already has the new "vented smart valve". apparently since red and black were built first they have the old valves in them,
now heres what really pisses me off, obviously cat knew there was a problem!!
or why would they just mysteriously start using a different valve?
So instead of recalling right off the get go, screw it, will let the sleds go out the door and have problems.
Very bad approach to buisness i feel

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way, my dealer found out about the smart valve bulletin through me , because of this great forum, maybe he should log-on, or maybe its easier for me to do the leg work for him!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
These dealers need to get a clue! Mine hasn't even called yet, and only sold 12 spring sleds. I am not very impressed with this guy at all. My red std team needs the update too. I figured it out by the vin, and it stalled out on me riding thinking I was out of gas! Go figure. :p

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
red team 7,
this could be one of the reasons i was having the sled die on me,
i would let off the throttle and then it would rev back-up,
the mechanic at the dealership thinks the valve may have been collapsing
i never rode the sled with out at least 1/2 tank of fuel, so who knows
just a idea?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I made it a point to call my dealer with bulletin # and part #'s. He's a busy guy. Understandable. But with the ammount of snowfall around here, I'm not waiting for a call.... Get on the horn and hand him the part #'s posted! Don't wait till the snow is flying.

·
Registered
302 Posts
mine was getting low, and when I filled it with gas, I could only put in ~9-10 gal.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i fax these items from here directly to the dealer, he's probally sick of me by now, but a small price to pay for him
i buy a new sled from him every year, last year 2 new sleds

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
mine is green... needed the update. 3 times it stalled and wouldn't restart

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Ive got the update already installed :p nannanannah. :p

I have actaully ran mine out of gas and guess what 1st pull and it started. :p :p :p :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is no ryme or reason for this madness,
why did some sleds come with the update and some with out, according to cat the green sleds were the last built with the new not so"smart valves", yet your green one needs the update.
i think cat was so pushed to deliver these sleds, anything went
unlike last year , i did not receive my zr 800 cross country untill after christmas

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
My dealer found out about the update, took mine out and the back one was stuck closed, He drilled a small hole to releave the lock and said it should work fine now.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heading north, day after christmas,
not sure if new smart valve will be installed by then, i will be one pissed off puppy if i drive 7hrs and some 30 cent piece of shit "smart valve" leaves me stranded

·
Registered
827 Posts
i haven't had a chance to ride mine yet,i wonder if my dealer will do the update for the smart valve even tho i have not had any problems,since there is no snow to ride on, when it does come i want to ride with no problems :unsure:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
madmike,
the update falls into a series of vin #'s, although i was told the later build green f7's already had the new valve, then someone else on this site wrote to say his green
f7 needs the update???
so pretty much cat has no f?!king idea what they have out there,

i'm going to start it again, but idon't care,
rode cats for 18yrs now faithfully, but this f7 is really making wonder if the whole factory was stoned when they made these, instead of going to polaris plant after the flood, maybe they should have tested there product!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
peter,

I have 3 questions for you...

1) What date did you take delivery of your sled?

2) Do you know the build date of your sled?

3) Does your VIN fall into the range listed for the update?
VIN range:
4UF03SNW83T172403-4UF03SNW93T176895 & 4UF03SNW23T178861-4UF03SNWX3T185105

1 - 20 of 29 Posts