Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 930 miles on my F7 and I tipped it up on the clutch side tonight-I was trying to find out why I had a jerking feeling on engagement (it was a chunk missing out of my belt). Anyhow-I starved the smart valves and sure enough they collapsed and the sled stalled. I tried to get the recall done last week but the dealer is currently out of smart valves-he has more coming. I pulled the rear valve and freed the membrane up (like I learned here on the site-Thanks guys! ;) ) and the sled started right up. My question is this-I couldn't get the front valve out of the tank, not enough fuel line-should I assume it is collapsed too? I plan on riding tomorrow-should I be worried about anything? I tried to buy updated smart valves at the local dealer (not where I got the sled) and they told me Cat is sending them only enough to do the sleds that they sold. I'm thinking that as long as I don't run the tank too low I should be OK. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd appreciate your input.

·
Registered
899 Posts
i maybe wrong but on one of the previous posts i read it stated that the smartvalve not being replaced may lead to a lean burndown especially if you run long distances in the 40mph to 60 mph well any way that scared me enough to load up my sled with 635miles on it and take to dealer for updates and checked for any damage. i know its hard to stop riding and real easy to put off the updates but i'd rather be without sled for a few days than the whole month. B)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply BigDog. I just got off the phone with my dealer, (still there at 10PM, what a guy) he told me I will be fine as long as I don't run the tank too low- he won't have any more smart valves in until Thursday. He told me to give 'er hell and if anything does happen, he'll take care of me. This guy has my business for life. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts