Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were on a short ride this morning before we were to end our first trip of the season. We were taking pictures of some beautiful scenery on Bigwood lake in Jackman. We took multiple shots from many spots without an issue until... We stopped our sleds and sunk in what I thought was snow not knowing about the foot of slush lurking beneath. Tried my best to get both sleds moving again but only made things worse. Wow do snowmobiles get heavy when stuck in slush. Lucky for us a great guy came along on a skandic and helped me flip both machines on their sides and then pulled a ski hard enough to get me moving while i rode both back on snow alone.

We all experience rude jerks on the trails which momentarily piss us off. Then a guy like Larry comes along and helps you get out of a serious jam and we remember there are way more awesome people in this sport than the occasional azzholes that cut us off.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I got stuck crossing the St Lawrence River as a young man, made me fearful of sledding on water to this day. I sunk a good three feet in slush and was hopelessly helpless until my friends finally turned around to help. I sincerely thought I was a goner but it turned out I was on plenty of ice. Glad you got out without further difficulty or worse.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Having made the better part of my living over the last 35 years in the woods and on the waters of Maine, I can tell you mother nature has no worse trick than slush on ice......Heat, cold, insects, mud, slop, rain, wind, etc.......Nothing comes close to the feeling of hopelessness of being stuck in slush on ice......

·
Registered
89 Posts
Me too supposed to go up next weekend for one final hurrah... this year was roughish... but want to end on a high note if I can!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts