Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone.......Had the F5 at the Drags in Naples Maine this weekend. My top speed in the Trap was 74 on all 3 runs, so I took it down the lake a few times and could only get 80 in a mile. 3 weeks earlier the same sled had been pulling a top speed of 91 indicated. My speedo and the radar gun were within a mph of each other. I keep hearing of the apv cables popping off, can someone tell me what to look for? Thanks....

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Pull your servo cover off-make sure cables didnt come off spool-whats happening is oil and moisture working its way up cables,during the night cables freeze up,you start it,servo cycles once,cables slack up and come off-engine warms up and usually everthing is fine if cables stay on-pull off spool and put a washer behind to keep cables on-but there is a problem here and apparently cat doesnt want or has yet to figure out yet because your the 1 million person who has had this problem-leave your servo cover off-no need for the damn thing-this way you can keep an eye on the cables in morning-if it cycles three times on start up bring to dealer-bad servo motor-should cycle once only for self clean mode on each startup-scott

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check your primary clutch if the APVs are working. Ended up that
my primary was binding once taken apart and shaft sanded (by dealer)
the bushing moved freely.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
do the f-7's apv cycle at start-up the same as the f5's??

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the power valves move up and down in the exhaust port depending on engine rpm . there is a servo motor the activates the valves by pulling on cables . the f-5 has a clean cycle at start up and the valves open and close once .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts