Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
I heard people have been crossing a few, I'd imagine if you checked you could see if sleds had made a trail across the same old places. I know we can cross Broad and Leavitt Bay up here in Ossipee...I crossed the very middle of Ossipee 4 days before the warm rain hit. Now, I'd wait for another few 0* nights before crossing Ossipee itself...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ----Ya guess I'll have to check it out when I get there, hoping someone on Great East or Balch had some info.
No problem just pin it and go for it LOL

·
Registered
201 Posts
i was on Great East the weekend of 1/5-6. I wanted to see if it was safe. Their were two ice fishing huts on the lake. I came from PPP direction. Most of the tracks went from the two trailheads on that side of the lake. I tried to get to my parents cabin but the tracks got less and less and it got vey slushy. Where my parents cabin is their have been quite a few sleds. Dated but info

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going up tomorrow ------are they riding Great East, Balch, Lake Ivanhoe to get to SLSC clubhouse from Miss Wakefield?

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rode from Pine River Pond south and back yesterday. Crossed Sandy Pond, Balch, Lake Ivanhoe, and Great East. Quite a few washouts on the trail sections, but I would expect the cold from last night and today will take care of 90% of them.

Great East had a couple of slushy spots, but not bad. Stay where other have gone and you will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts