Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I can sortof help on this one. I have a pair on my 2002 Edge and they are a ton better than the Poo stockers. Cat skis are a lot better than Poos, but the SLT's made a huge difference on my sled. I can run with much less ski pressure than before and turn much better, especially in loose snow. The Powder Pros are supposed to be even better. Try 'em. You'll like 'em.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Kellyjames,

I slapped a set of SLT’s on my F7 SP (102 studs) last week and rode to camp. What a difference!!! I rode in all sorts of conditions….lakes, roads, icy roads, hard pack groomed trails, loose snow groomed trails, deep powder fields, and some real bumpy stuff.

Lakes - My sled tracked straight on and off the throttle. No darting what so ever. Amazing!!!

Roads – Even with the new carbide 6” carbide, the SLT’s didn’t turn as well as the old stockers on the bare road. BUT, who cares!!! These are snow machines!!!

Icy Roads – My sled tracked straight on and off the throttle. No darting what so ever. The sled followed every corner with ease.

Hard Pack groomed trails – Skis preformed 10x better than the stockers. However, I did experience a little darting. BUT, the darting did not stem from my sled. I was following my buddy through a wooded trail at about 30 mph. My skis would lock into the groves from his skis which caused my sled to dart back and forth. After we were able to speed up a little bit the darting stop instantly as there wasn’t as much down pressure on my skis and my sled didn’t track his lines anymore. The sled cornered awesome. I did not experience any push. It actually took me a few minutes to get used to ridding with the new skis as they really bit hard in the corners. I had to transferred my weight a little more to keep the inside ski lift to a reasonable height. After the adjustment, that sled cornered way better than my ZR.

Loose Snow groomed trails – Sled handled great in the loose snow. There was a slight push in the corners, but nothing more than you experience with any other sled in loose snow. Still, there are no comparisons to the way the sled handled with the SLT’s over the stockers in the loose snow.

Deep Powder Fields – I thought the skis were great in the deep powder. I never tried the powder pros, but the SLT’s keep the front of my sled afloat much better than the stockers. The sled turned much better in the deep snow with the SLT’s too. Granted it didn’t turn very sharp at low speeds, but again, compared to the stockers, it is as different as night and day.

Real Bumpy Trails – Again, amazing. The sled tracked straight as an arrow. I rode the tracks from Old Forge to Woodgate at about 10 PM Saturday night. They were pretty bumpy. I took the tracks about 65 mph the entire way home. My sled never strayed from the right side of the tracks. The stocker skis used to dart from side to side the entire way home.

If you are on the fence about the handling of your sled, invest in a set of aftermarket skis. They will totally change the demeanor of your sled. It goes from an unresponsive lackadaisical wishy washy ride, to an aggressive unbelievable call into work sick amazing ride.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Thanks tshamba for the VERY detailed, informative, and helpful report on the SLT skis! Sounds like you found them to be far superior to the stock skis in almost every condition. I'm gonna try the 9" Shaper bars first, but if they don't turn well (I think they will!) AND get rid of the tracking/darting issues (???), I'll be ordering the SLTs! -- Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts