Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my dennis kirk catalog today and they show a picture of it and i think this is different than the one they had last year i'm not sure though......it looks like a muffler for a car...(oval)....did anyone have one of these last year??????????
i heard they didn't work so well......less power, top end etc. ...................i am mainly interested in the weight savings,15 POUNDS LESS!!!!!!!!!!!! $227.99 US
what does anyone know about the single pipe they have????does it work any better than the stock pipe???? it looks like it is 5 POUNDS LESS!!!!!!!!!!! they sell the pipe and canister together for $480.99 US .............25 bucks a pound seems to be a pretty good deal especially if you get the 10 h.p. they claim...........

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
warranty not an issue.....my dealer pretty cool about that......or does slp do the reflash and send your vin to roseau????????????

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900ryder@Sep 12 2005, 09:34 PM
warranty not an issue.....my dealer pretty cool about that......or does slp do the reflash and send your vin to roseau????????????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872098
[/quote]
they have to enter your serial number into the comp before they can download the program

·
Registered
251 Posts
hey fuse 900ryder...be careful where you ride with that slp can they are loud! i ran one last year and got a warning and that was in michigan! i removed it and my dealer took it back ...

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,367 Posts
the reflash has to be done through your dealers polaris wrench program
on thier computer. once the download is sent in polaris has a record of
the slp reflash. if your sled comes in for warranty issues and this may have
had something to do with the failure, it's all yours.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,144 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Sep 12 2005, 10:04 PM
the reflash has to be done through your dealers polaris wrench program
on thier computer. once the download is sent in polaris has a record of
the slp reflash. if your sled comes in for warranty issues and this may have
had something to do with the failure, it's all yours.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872167
[/quote]
There have been no warranty issues refused yet due to the reflash and the SLP Pipe and silencer.

On the 2006, the 900 single and can add 14 hp. because the cylinder porting, higher pressure fuel injection, and the DET system all permit more power to be extracted in cooperation with the SLP reflash. They do strongly recommend a vent kit. The SLP air box and tensioner also help provide consistently good performance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by ROSEAU ROCKET@Sep 13 2005, 04:56 AM
hey fuse 900ryder...be careful where you ride with that slp can they are loud! i ran one last year and got a warning and that was in michigan! i removed it and my dealer took it back ...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872146
[/quote]

Is it really that loud? I was considering to buy one because of the smaller weight. Stock can is really heavy but if the SLP can is really loud, i think i just have to keep the original can.

Btw, has anyone tried Rumble pack silencers? They state that their silencers allow near stock like sound levels??

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i heard that the rumble pack is loud and ineffective because there isn't enough back pressure ,anyone else hear this?

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
Reflash is not for the SILENCER, which is what the original question was referring to. The reflash is when you buy the pipe.

Supposedly they did change the silencer for '06 to be quieter but there is no performance gain. It's just a weight savings.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,144 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900ryder@Sep 12 2005, 09:21 PM
just got my dennis kirk catalog today and they show a picture of it and i think this is different than the one they had last year i'm not sure though......it looks like a muffler for a car...(oval)....did anyone have one of these last year??????????
i heard they didn't work so well......less power, top end etc. ...................i am mainly interested in the weight savings,15 POUNDS LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!  $227.99 US
what does anyone know about the single pipe they have????does it work any better than the stock pipe???? it looks like it is 5 POUNDS LESS!!!!!!!!!!! they sell the pipe and canister together for $480.99 US .............25 bucks a pound seems to be a pretty good deal especially if you get the 10 h.p. they claim...........
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872054
[/quote]
Here's the original post...
what does anyone know about the single pipe they have???

Seems to be a question about the single pipe!

The SLP single pipe and silencer for the 900 gives 10hp for 05 motors, and 14hp for 2006.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts