Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got new crossfire wondering if I put on the slp powder pros if they work good on trails beside deep powder

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Just got new crossfire wondering if I put on the slp powder pros if they work good on trails beside deep powder[/b]
I have a set. They work good on trails, but they are a more aggressive ski, so if you are set up to carve corners good with the stock ski, you will probably need to reduce ski pressure with the Powder Pros. They are also a more rigid ski, so they won't flex in the stutter bumps like the stock ones do. Their biggest downside (for use on the Crossfire) is that it makes it difficult to adjust ski stance. Instead of just removing the spindle bolts, you have to unbolt the carbides, to get at the spindle bolts. So if you like to change stance for when you are spending more time on-trail or off, it's a bit of a pain. But with that said, they are a great ski for powder, so if you spend a decent amount of time off-trail, I would still recommend them. If you spend most of your time on trail, just add a set of shaper bars, set the proper amount of ski pressure, and it will corner great.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I ran C&A's on my 06 since it was new until this weekend. They worked very well. I picked up a set of SLP's and they worked just as good on the trails. They steer easier, and still have a good bite. I have not had them in the powder yet, but I'm sure they will be awesome.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The ONLY downside I see with mine is the keel is so deep that on marginal snow the skis are clicking off every stone etc. Just makes me crazy after just putting on fresh carbides. Other than that one of the top two mods on my sled.

·
Registered
678 Posts
[attachment=410650:DSC00285.JPG]i put powder pros on my cf7 it's a standard ant they flat out rock the thing handles like it is on rails can't wait to get it in the powder and really try them out. i truly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
[attachment=410650:DSC00285.JPG]i put powder pros on my cf7 it's a standard ant they flat out rock the thing handles like it is on rails can't wait to get it in the powder and really try them out. i truly recommend them.[/b]
Wait till you drive the crossfire with these powder pros! Night and day, Illl never own another ski!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts