Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmmmmmmm.................y-pipe,pipe,canister,all ceramic coated......reduces weight by 20 lbs..........166 [email protected]$575
clutch kit....approx$200
reflash (needed)......?
________
less than a grand

i'm seriously thinking about doing this i wonder if they have them ready??anyone else thinking about doing anything under the hood????????????????????????

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by Pol900@Sep 28 2005, 05:01 AM
I was thinking more on the lines of the kit they show in snowtech that SLP claims 173HP, but who knows how much?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=896823
[/quote]
the pe kit for the 05 is around 2200 the kit for the 06 maybe a little less because of no porting. 168 hp on 05 like 174 on 06

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
All that HP, but I'm more concerned with getting the full 150 we have now to the track. I think the SLP engine torque arms are worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i did the whole kit hopeing it would of been here when i got home from work tonight but it wasnt. im getting the air box and everything when i called they told me that they were being conservative it was pulling 170 to 172 hp on the 05. i had a 03 xc 800 that i did the pe kit to and i was very happy i hope im happy with this thing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There are a couple air box kits from different companies, most remove the front radiator. They do save a lot of weight and help with under hood heat. I would suggest going right to Struthers if you are building the motor to the 975 kit or larger. They seem to have the things firgured out, Just my opinion. They will quote a price for you for the parts but remeber the re-flash has to be done by a dealer.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know about the reflash and it does void your warranty .........but my dealer said we could ''probably work something out'' if it were to cook the motor.........i trust him on this because he has always taken care of me before........he must be doing something right because i've snowchecked my last 9 sleds with him.....i dont even bother to price shop..... :div20:

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,367 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900ryder@Sep 29 2005, 11:57 PM
i know about the reflash and it does void your warranty .........but my dealer said we could ''probably work something out'' if it were to cook the motor.........i trust him on this because he has always taken care of me before........he must be doing something right because i've snowchecked my last 9 sleds with him.....i dont even bother to price shop..... :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900569
[/quote]
hard for him to "work something out" for ya when that slp program uses
polaris' database and computer for the reflash. any reflash that is done
over that system and not authorized by polaris automatically sets a "red
flag" up in the system for that particualar sleds vin number. i don't see
as to where you dealer could really help you much, ya know? :dunno:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Sep 30 2005, 05:29 PM
hard for him to "work something out" for ya when that slp program uses
polaris' database and computer for the reflash. any reflash that is done
over that system and not authorized by polaris automatically sets a "red
flag" up in the system for that particualar sleds vin number. i don't see
as to where you dealer could really help you much, ya know?  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=901669
[/quote]

"work something out" could mean parts at cost and no labor? Or it could mean parts at cost plus 1/2 rate or it could mean... I just snorted 99% of the dealership and Polaris won't stand behind your voided warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts