Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,718 Posts
Looking at getting SLP pipe and silencer or Bikeman pipe silencer and Bullydog for my 15 800 axys. Which way should I go? Any input thanks.
Never tried SLP but used a BMP pipe and stage I tune on my 15 800 Pro-S 800 with great results. Turned 83-8400 rpm with stock clutching except 10-68 Polaris weights.
My riding buddy uses the BMP stage III on his 17 XCR 800 with excellent results.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris xc 800
531 Posts
Yes I’m aware of trail closures and laws. Here in Iowa we don’t have any issues where I live. When I go up north it would have its stock silencer on it.
Loud pipes are quieter in Iowa?

Listen I'm not your dad nor the fun police....I only ask you to think about the people who work to maintain the trails and the relationships with the land owners. It's a volunteer group, but it takes a lot of commitment.

·
Registered
48,437 Posts
I’m in 3 clubs was president once for one of them. We ride ditches and river where I live. I help groom etc. I never once rode with loud pipes anywhere on trail. So yes I know commitment. You can run a pipe with stock muffler and be legal…
Maybe where you are, but in some states, and quebec just the sight of any exhaust component thats not factory will get you a ticket no matter how quiet it is.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I will throw my hat in the ring here... it is apparent there are two subjects that are very important. One the question on a performance gain or not and which companies to use, second the sensitive and very critical issues with noise and land closings at hand. My take is personally the performance shops are really having a tuff time providing any real gains with pipes and silencers theses days. The OEMS are building the best pipe possible to make great reliable power theses days and IMO The aftermarket is really taking your money as well as the possible reliability. If guys would focus on clutching and traction they would yield much more benefit for the money by far IMO and at the same time not have the high risk these days of trail closers! WIN-WIN. I’ve spent time and money learning this first hand and have no problem saying that. I’ve never run a “can” on any trail system but have on closed course events.... pissed away a few bucks for sure. Have gained WAY more on other performance enhancements. Not attacking the original question just real word experience. This product truth be known has too much of a negative impact on the sport.. just being real and not wish washy.

·
Registered
48,437 Posts
Well imo, its not the last 20 years anymore where aftermarket pipes could make a big hp gain if you had a stock 3 cylinder engine. Like said, today these manufactures are building the most reliable hp for all conditions, while meeting the sound requirements. Those aftermarket will work best if engine mods are made, but don't expect the same reliability.

·
Vendor
11,452 Posts
your going to spend north of $1200 for a BMP PIPE/CAN and torque link tune to get the most out of it. $600 BCM tune and $417 shipped for our clutch kit. will absolutely destroy and pipe out there on a 800 Polaris motor. if you go SLP the pipe/can is north of $700 and your going to need to clutch it anyway. so go our route and keep the trails open.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts