Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[attachment=103428:attachment][attachment=103428:attachment]I promised earlier today to provide some pics of the SLP airhorn/airbox mod. In the photo's you also can see the clear tubing coming out of the front of the airbox that is connected to the Tempaflow, which is inside the box. If you look at the clear float bowl vent tubes, you'll notice they are tee'd to a clear vent tube also going into the airbox. That also plumbs into the Tempa unit.

The airbox mod call for the top of the airbox to be cut off and theirs be grafted in place, on the hood side you will notice the airhorn, which fits into the airbox mouth when the hood is closed. I have one Flowrite just to the left of the speedo. The other side is consumed by an M10 ACE guage. Yes its an XC not a Pro-x. I did widen the air inlet baffling inside of the plenum behind the air filters to give it a little more flow.Hope this helps anyone desiding to do these mods this fall. I can provide more pics/info if needed. Jay.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thanks for the picts. How far did you change jetting from stock? Did the air box mod lean it way out? I have a 600 any recommendations on jetting with tempaflow and dgutted airbox? I have not installed the tempaflow yet. Looking for ideas.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
xc-mark

Good point, again this is not a bash either,4-5 years ago it was suppouse to be 18' long,now its 24 " long,

just a note though the first 2 years i used a TF, i used a hose about 10" long,worked fine,so i would say its not that critical,

schmeg
Nice pics,

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 850 137"
1,445 Posts
I put mine on the left, front side of the box to have the inner hose out of the incoming air flow. I took out one of the original vent line barbs in the air box and put the small vent line hose going to the Tempa flow through it. I used a rubber oring on both sides of the box to hold the line in place. Also I attached a picture of my underhood shelf modified for more air flow. The walls from the inner tabs that hold the foam, to the raised bump where the screw comes up thru have been cut out. (You can just see a line thats whitish on the right). I would have taken the tabs totally out if I removed the foam and went with SLP's pre filter covers, but I went with pre filter covers that go over the factory foam instead. I also made the round opening bigger in diameter for more air flow where the scoop bolts too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now the Holtzman web site calls for 16-24" length on the vacuum sourse tube. Mines close to that. Never had any problems last year with it. Also on the FAQ's they claim the only tubing that HAS to be the correct length is for the ATACC. You can't see the total length of the tube in the picture. To answer Poo Boy's question, if all you did was install a Tempa-Flow, the factory jetting is pretty close to ideal, a little rich, but safe. Thats the way I ran it last year. Got 2-3 MPG more and it ran better than stock. The Airbox mod/gutting will richen it up a bit, so you may have to come down on the mains incrementally. A couple of sizes or so. I can't comment on how well it works as the Airbox and my pipe and reeds are all new. I did dethatch the lawn with it last weekend, and it is definitly snappy. Can't really hear more intake noise, the pipe is just loud anough to drown out any howling from the carbs. Nice install Daze! I did the same to the underside of my cab.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by Thinksno@Oct 12 2005, 06:23 AM
I was on the SLP site, they show an optional inlet filter. Does any one use it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923771
[/quote]
i used it on my prox when i had it for precaution :div20:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Anyone got any pics of the vacuum lines..?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.