Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im thinking about getting slp air box. http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detai...p;productID=369.

it increases air intake so do i need to change the jetting or anything else and by how much. everything performance is stock but im going to add reeds, any suggestions between boyesen and v force? and it has about 3000 miles.

along with the air box i saw some air intake that adds vents to the console are those just for show and can you hook them up with the intake?

·
Administrator
2021 Gade XRS 900T On the way, C-19 Provided
16,694 Posts
That link you have there is for 1997-01 6/7/8 NON VES twin big block XC/SKS/RMK sleds. Looking at your profile it looks like you have a 06 600HO Fusion. Your going to want to use this one http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detai...p;productID=370 and maybe put a couple flow rights in the dash. If I remember right guys were putting 400 mains and I forget the pilot size they were putting in. On the 600HO I had, I had the BMP pipe mod and the air horn with stock jetting and the plugs were paper bag brown and she ripped for a 600. DO a search there's ALL kinds of info in here on that sled.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
hey im thinking about getting slp air box. http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detai...p;productID=369.

it increases air intake so do i need to change the jetting or anything else and by how much. everything performance is stock but im going to add reeds, any suggestions between boyesen and v force? and it has about 3000 miles.

along with the air box i saw some air intake that adds vents to the console are those just for show and can you hook them up with the intake?[/b]
As pointed out ^^^^ you have the wrong SLP air box link.

I did the SLP air horn kit + (4) flo-rites in the dash pod on my 2007 D-7, Saw no noticeable improvement. You may want to consider that SLP headlight adjuster screen that prevents ice/snow from being ingested into your engine.

I also installed the V-FORCE 3's on my 2007 DRAGON 700, ever so slightly more responsive on it's best day, I would not waste $258.00 on that mod again.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I did the SLP air horn kit + (4) flo-rites in the dash pod on my 2007 D-7, Saw no noticeable improvement. You may want to consider that SLP headlight adjuster screen that prevents ice/snow from being ingested into your engine.

I also installed the V-FORCE 3's on my 2007 DRAGON 700, ever so slightly more responsive on it's best day, I would not waste $258.00 on that mod again.[/b]
I am running the airhorn kit as well as 2 flo-rites in my 07 Dragon and the SLP prefilters to replace the POS polaris ones. I have not run it enough but am not expecting huge if any gains. I was just happy not having to pick up my prefilters up off the snow anymore!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am running the airhorn kit as well as 2 flo-rites in my 07 Dragon and the SLP prefilters to replace the POS polaris ones. I have not run it enough but am not expecting huge if any gains. I was just happy not having to pick up my prefilters up off the snow anymore![/b]
Unfortunately DanD, it seems like picking up your pre-filters off of the snow is just something you're going to have to get used to, since your Dragon has spent more time upside down than right side up so far! HA! LOL! (sorry, couldn't resist)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts