Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am gonna install a slp air horn kit on my 04 pro xr 800 and was just wondering what you boy's run for jetting. i have the hot seat single and mbrp can and delta force III reeds. my elevation at home is around 1500-1900 feet. i am also going to install two 2.5" flow-rites. i don't want to remove the speedo for a bigger flo-rite, so are the two smaller one's enough and where do you guys install them on hood? thank's for any good info!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, xc-mark you run 440's? i run 470's which i know is concervative and i thaught with adding the air horn it would balance out. i will have to see if i can lean it down a little. maybe that is why my 800 get's such bad mileage.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
If you are running larger mains than stock, you are making less power. Airbox mod richens it 1-2 sizes approx. 440 is safe for multi mile full throttle, provided good fuel, even good 87 octane on the regular setting.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does that hold true even with modification's to the exhaust. i believe that the stock main's are 450's. maybe that is conservative from the factory. if i could get away with running 440's with the intake and exhaust mod's i have, that would great.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
440 are safe to run hard for a mile in a 800. I run 440 in my 700 but with a high compresion head and unknown fuel quality some times its easy to dial the tempaflow lean when I can get 91 fuel. 98% 0f the time its running 91 but the times I can only get 87 I set the tempflow rich and save the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts