Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have around 2200 km;s on my sled but i find its not as fast as when i first got it, bottem end and mid is great but top end isnt as high. The first time i opened it up i got it to 175 km's on a lake but now on the lake i have a hard time getting over 165 km's maybe its just the conditions but im not sure, could i have a scuffed piston and not know about it? or could it be my powervalves arent opening up fully? or they are gummed up a bit, i find its reving about 8000 rpm so maybe its cause its over revving and should be at around 7800 7900?

there has been a lot of talk about this stuff lately, im gonna go do a run on a packed road and see what i can get , i got 185km;s on it before and i have a snopro track i will tell you waht i get when i get back tonight.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
first time out i hit 114 now I'm lucky to see 110. It totally depends on the snow conditions. the first time (114) was mostly ice with patches of snow, tons of wind, might have gotten more out of it if there wasnt any wind. Now on hard packed snow 105 is the common unless you can find a section where you can see some ice and it pulls to 110

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i went out tonight on a road about 1/2 mile long maybe and i got my f7 snopro up to 114 on speedo, the road was just like ice and a little snow. On the lake i got it up to 106 mph on packed snow but loose from sleds driving on it. Times like this i wish i would have the 1 inch track or smaller but i dont think i would trad for my 1.375 i love it.

So i guess it was just the conditions i was driving, i was worried for a second. And the over rev issue, it did not over rev tonight it was revving 7800-7900 the day it was revving 8100 it was mild out and not cold, if it normal to rev higher when its warm out?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Black Magic told me they should be running in the 8000-8100 range for max rpm. I've been running around 7900 and they said to check the power valves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts