Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been a huge topic and I have what as many of the posts as I could find, but I have not been on the site much since spring. Is having the clutch milled down the best solution to help cure the "95 mph f7" problem? If I have this done through Bikeman or D&D should I still get the clutch kit from ODS?

Thanks for your help
See you at Haydays!!

Andy

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have one of the special 95 edition F7's and my clutch is at Bikeman right now getting fixed. Too bad it's not winter or I could tell ya if it works.......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the estimated turn around time on the work from Bikeman? Do you have a clutchkit and will this effect that?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I know HPE is selling the 10.4" diameter secondary sheaves that come on the 06's. and from what im HEARING, that WILL be the solution. in MOST casses. But im not sure on primary between 05 and 06, belts and all. Someone with more info can tell you im sure.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by WIfarmer@Sep 9 2005, 01:24 PM
I have one of the special 95 edition F7's and my clutch is at Bikeman right now getting fixed.  Too bad it's not winter or I could tell ya if it works.......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867369
[/quote]
it'll work :div20: (don't waste your time worrying)

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I just bought what i think is a 2006 crossfire,but the dealer wrote 2005 on the sales sheet. I don't have the sled,but i do know it was ridden last spring as a demo over in Yellowstone. Do you think it will have these same slow top speeds like the 05 firecats?

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
the early release ones will(same secondary limiting them as f-cat/zr), later release(with newer secondary/longer belt won't)

·
Registered
890 Posts
I don't understand how this shit doesn't get corrected through testing and R&D. Do the test engineers just take the expense money they are supposed to be using for development and sit at the local bar and drink it up or what? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by fiver@Sep 10 2005, 12:51 AM
I don't understand how this shit doesn't get corrected through testing and R&D.  Do the test engineers just take the expense money they are supposed to be using for development and sit at the local bar and drink it up or what?  :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868244
[/quote]

I know this sounds like BLACK HELICOPTERS but I think it was almost done on purpose to limit the speed on the DD to make sure they would hold up.. :dunno:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by ridelimitedfirecats@Sep 9 2005, 09:48 PM
I just bought what i think is a 2006 crossfire,but the dealer wrote 2005 on the sales sheet. I don't have the sled,but i do know it was ridden last spring as a demo over in Yellowstone. Do you think it will have these same slow top speeds like the 05 firecats?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868114
[/quote]

The crossfire is just like the M6-M7's. Just slide on the pull-your-ass-off 440IQ belt part number 3211104. You will need to ajust belt deflection. The crossfire belt is 45"s same width and the polaris belt is 44.875"s. It will stick like glue so clutch your sled after! :div20:

Originally posted by fiver@Sep 9 2005, 11:51 PM
I don't understand how this shit doesn't get corrected through testing and R&D.  Do the test engineers just take the expense money they are supposed to be using for development and sit at the local bar and drink it up or what?  :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868244
[/quote]

Using up old stock first.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts