Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will need to be replacing my slides on my 02 ZR 600 CC. Can these be slid out the rear track windows or do I have to remove the rear suspension? If I do have to remove it, how do I disconnect the front skid adjustable shock?

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
You should be able to loosen the track and just tap them out the hole in the track. It might be a little tight, but will go through. Works with my 98 500 and hope it works with my 02 600. Hell of alot easier than removing the skid!

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
No big deal to change them with the skid inst, don't forget to recheck the track for alignment and tension when finished.
Rick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
just another tip..spray the whole slide with lube WD40 or whatever U have...will make them slide of alot easier ..they are real tight sometimes...or most of the time and stick to the rails

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found by taking off the drive belt it freed up the track and the slides came out. This is my third year with my ZL550. I could not believe how easy it was to change the slides. On my Polaris it was a pain in the A**. I almost took my ZL to the shop to have it done. But a friend told me how easy it was to do on a CAT. :mellow:

·
Registered
978 Posts
to take of the remote adjuster is a pain, u gotta disconnect the quick connect, cut a bunch of wires ties and pry it threw some tight spaces, we have ours out all the time, and it got to be a pain and the shocks were blowing, so we took out the remote adjustment, thus solving the problem of fishing the steel line in between the frame and airbox...

also if u never took out one wit tsl, u needa tighten ur track b4 u put the skid in, it took us a couple of beers to figure that out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts