Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my Dealer the other day, And I Guy came in with his F 7 and the skid frame and the tunnel were bent right up, He said he was flying down the trail and it just locked up and threw him off it, When he look at his sled it was bent upword it turned out his slide rail end cap cam off and got stuck in the track and loocked it up, Now This might be Just with his sled, But it cant hurt to check them, I had one that was not really loose but was not real tight. It only takes a sec to check.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is another place where the bolt is too short and doesn't grab the nylock nut unless you really tighten it up. Everyone please check this on your firecats. ALSO check the suspension front mounting bolts (the ones down by your feet). Same deal there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, and it's raining out right now :( so no pictures today.
The bolts are the only ones on the tunnel by your feet. can't miss em.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
Sounds like another place for blue loc-tite, thats what I put on the front suspension bolts....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Would a longer bolt on the end cap and rear suspension keep them from loosening up.

·
Registered
287 Posts
:mellow: Checked the F7 and the F5 . F7 ok F5 1 was not tight . Replaced the lock nuts with
nylock nuts . Much better and the bolt goes through the plastic in the nut adequately.
Heard of someone else pooching his sled this week so I decided to change the hardware.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts