Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Could be your driveshaft bearing's. Also if your belt is really old that could cause that sound.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
if it sounds and feels like it's ratcheting then it probably is. loose track, worn drivers, broken grouser bars in the track. just a few ideas.... chunk of ice or rock between track and tunnel ? is it just under real hard accelleration ?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
my sled does the same thing, track is REALLY tight, tighter than i would usually run a track, but it seemed to help it a little bit, but it still skips, i dont know if the chain is skipping or if its skipping a cog

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
man if the chain is jumping the gear it would have to be mental loose, i'm just guessing, but if it was that loose i would think it would be tearing everything in the chaincase up. i have a yamaha lightweight track with chisels on a thundercat, i had to run it insanely tight to keep it from ratcheting. the drivers were fairly worn. plus i finally put a set of extrovert drivers on the sled to solve the problem.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i already opened up the chain case and inspected everything in there, nothing appears to be wrong, took the cog shaft out and drivers appear to be fine, with these 440 suspensions there are no torque link sensors, so it aint that, i think the only thing left is the nubs on the track...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
it could be the nobs on the track....if they are wore just a little bit they will skip on your drive wheels.......just my 2 cents worth
john.d(440)

·
Registered
12 Posts
This might sound simple but did you check your belt? I had the same problem the day I brought my 440 home and it turned out that my belt had grooves worn in it. I changed the belt and problem dissapeared. Might be worth checking.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
io had the same problem when i brought my 440 home, its not the belt now, i put on a brand new 020, its not the belt because it come out of the hole hard and hangs the skis and breaks the track lose, its only when the skis come back down and the whole track is on the ground that it skips because there is so much traction with 102 2" studs and this 1.7 inch track, AND the worn out nubs, haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.