Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my vacation coming up the last week of Jan. and things are not looking good anytime soon for my normal sledding grounds, UP Michigan. We have reservations in Baraga but without a major storm in the next two weeks conditions will be marginal at best :(

I have been looking at some other areas and Vermont looks great! Any ideas on where to stay? Where to ride, etc. Looking at arriving Sat. 26th leaving Sat. 1st.

Thanks!
Arctic2

·
Registered
4 Posts
things are looking great here. Jane and I will be riding next couple days so I'll have a better idea on where then, but I think you're pretty safe anywhere in the state.

EDIT: Except of course in the banana belt (western part of state)..always sucks there

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob! I'll post again next week when it comes down to the big decision. Group is split with most heading West, but I'm leaning toward the East.

If anyone has ideas on where to stay, preferably small cabin or large hotel room, looks like only 2 or 3 of us, please let me know. I see mostly B & B's on websites, and this isn't excactly a "romantic getaway", well maybe just some intimate seat time :wub:

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Arctic2@Jan 7 2003, 01:45 PM
If anyone has ideas on where to stay, preferably small cabin or large hotel room, looks like only 2 or 3 of us, please let me know.
PM me. I don't want to give all of my secrets away!!LOL ;) :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
While the riding up north will be good there's A LOT more snow in the southern part of the state right now.

The Chester/Ludlow/Londonderry/Windham area has some great riding. If your looking for a little night life stay in ludlow. The Clarion at Cavendish Pointe is probably your best bet. They have a huge parking lot to accomodate trailers and the VAST trail goes right behind the hotel.

============================
Clarion at Cavendish Pointe Rte. 103 just minutes away from the mountain., P.O. Box 525, Ludlow, VT 05149Phone 802-226-7688 Toll Free 800-438-7908 (Outside VT.) Fax 802-226-7689
Email [email protected]

http://unitedstates.biz/vermont/cavendish/...t-tn205144.html
=======================================

If you don't care much about going out at night the Motel in the Meadow in Chester has direct access to the trail...

==========================================
Motel In The Meadow, 936 Rt. 11 West, Chester, VT 05143 Phone: 802-875-2626. Motel-in-the-Meadow is a small, well-kept 12 unit, charming motel located in beautiful Chester, Vermont. Just 20 minutes from Okemo base lodge, 25 minutes from Bromley Mountain, and 10 minutes from Magic Mountain. Quiet, clean, comfortable, and affordable accommodations some with kitchenettes and family rooms. Visit www.motelinthemeadow.com or e-mail for more information.===============================================

enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts