Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having problems with my 2001 xc 600 it wont idle and and bogs alot until the clutch engages after that it runs great. someone told me it could be the throttle position sensor do you think this could be it? if not anyother suggestions would be appreciated

oh and this is my first post so hello to everyone.

·
Registered
45,578 Posts
Had a bad temp sensor in my 01 causing crappy performance...but not idling.. a buddy said to check the paj's...might get partically blocked by belt dust..all the venting.... also check the throttle safety switches for proper cable setting. I'd say to try replacing the spark plugs if you have not yet...seen some weird stuff there too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see you've been riding since you were 8 so I hope this isn't stupid advice since you are probably "more smarter" than I on the subject...BUT. I had trouble with both my sleds this fall idling and I got the same info you have here but from guys at work and friends and what not, (i.e. plugged jets, etc.) Well, I wasn't about to tear the carbs out of sleds that are a few years old so I drained the gas on them both and put in new gas. They both run perfect now!

You didn't say anything about what you've tried, if anything, so sorry if the new gas idea is a bad one. Either way, good luck and given the winter so far you should have plenty of time to figure it out! :burp:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts