Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning i dropped my sled off at freedom cycle to have the chassis replaced . i went over the new chassis and was very impressed with how it was assembled, it even comes with the back half of the chaincase, its very complete. cat stamped my vin number in the new chassis as well as making the new vin decal just under the stamping,thanks! after talking with them over and over how im going to be the pickiest mo fo in the world they still took the job in and assured me id be happy. while its in there they are going to be doing the updates that cat wants done and check everything else out . they know without a doubt that i will not accept it if i find something wrong with it at the time of delivery , so time will tell. when i get the old chassis back ill take some pics of it and post them, it really is cool to see the bare chassis all alone, its also very very light . :p so far im ok with how ive been treated by them and how they have taken the time to deal with my concerns and questions, i just hope this carries on.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Cool,hope the service continues.I'm looking forward to those pictures,can you get one of the crash site so we can see what caused the damage?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already took pics of the dip that bent my sled, but you really cant see the dip cuz of all the white unless you look carefully at the angle of the skis or how part of the snowflap is missing in the dip. after looking at it i cant understand how it bent , but i guess thats life. ill post them soon and let you all take a look at what buckled my chassis, you may be scared though, so im warning you now. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Now I'm REALLY curious.How crooked did your bars get after the hit.I think mine have shifted also.Feels like the brake side is 1/2 in or so further forward than the throttle side.Wasn't that way until after a good hit to the front on some 3- 4 footers at 50 mph.I dont see any thing bent though!? :wacko:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by redF5sp@Feb 11 2003, 12:41 PM
Now I'm REALLY curious.How crooked did your bars get after the hit.I think mine have shifted also.Feels like the brake side is 1/2 in or so further forward than the throttle side.Wasn't that way until after a good hit to the front on some 3- 4 footers at 50 mph.I dont see any thing bent though!? :wacko:
your sled won't even do 50 MPH! :lol:

Just kidding man!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bars went to the right , from the 12 o'clock position they then went to almost 1 o'clock . at first look i saw nothing wrong either but after a real close inspection i saw the slight buckle under the secondary. the reason i saw it is the 90 degree band of aluminum where the belly pan screws to had a slight ,very slight,ripple look to it. i am saving th old chassis for examination and a template for making a brace of some sort so it wont happen again.. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
where on here did you find the buckle?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Geesh Nik, I think you coulda been referring to either one there, Right dana :D 50mph - Whoa FLYIN :rolleyes:

Just kiddin dude....

Heym FYI GUYS.....Freedom is MY Dealer as well, and you know what happened...........

GOOD LUCKY LUCK DANA :wacko:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Freedom cycle :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Funny, I noticed a bend in my lft/sd foot pocket. The metal is pretty distorted in there but everything feels fine? Any idea if this is a bend as well? I figured it was just the foot pocket twisted. I bought the sled used with 570 miles on it so I have no idea of what could have happened.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
greenzrt,
is that a firecat your talking about or a zrt ? zr's and zrt's i guess had some tunnel / bulkhead issues as well.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
catzazz,
whats even funnier ( or maybe not) is that no matter what dealer i would have mentioned someone would have a story about em...........im 100% convinced there is no quality dealers in new hampshire. dont even talk about livingstons either, when i asked them if a complete chassis was available they said nope, you have to piece it together. after finding out that one was available, i called them back to let them know and the guy did not believe me and went into the "ive been doing this over 20 years and cat does not make a complete chassis" story . when i gave him the pn he said it was not a lagit part number........yadda yadda yadda,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing but clowns there as well. freedom at least did their homework and had the chassis made for me and now its being worked on so im happy at this point. im pretty sure ill be ok after talking with them about how i am with my stuff and letting them know i ran my own jetski race/mod /repair shop and sponsored racers along with my education with 2 strokes performance .....time will tell. besides they know i wont take delivery of it until its right if i do find something wrong.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Feb 11 2003, 08:36 PM
catzazz,
whats even funnier ( or maybe not) is that no matter what dealer i would have mentioned someone would have a story about em...........
You have a good point there :) As long as you the customer is happy is all that should matter.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sad but true...................... :unsure:

zrt........my sled should be done in the next day or so , so when i get it back ill take a lot of pics of the chassis and post them so you can see what i mean. hey , where is somersworth anyway? im in manchester .

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm on the seacoast north of Portsmouth. I'm not real worried about mine but the bend you described sounds like mine. I'll wait for the pics & see what hapens.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i just heard from the dealer , they are moving right along with it, my old chassis is now bare and the new one is looking like a sled.
what they did find in the process is that the bearing races in the chaincase were cracked and contributing to the chaincase leak, a coolant hose had a rub spot on it , so both those issues were repaired under the cat warranty .
so far so good !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts