Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many remove those god awful warning/attention/legalese sticks that are plastered all over on your sled?? Not a requirement that I know of other than legal disclaimers for the manufacturer.
Sled looks cleaner without em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
Here's the problem .... I put one of my sleds up for consignment at my local NH dealer. He sold the sled but I had removed all of the warning stickers .... he had to order them all and put them back on before he sold the sled. I asked 'why'? He said because he had been sued by someone who's smartyass lawyer said that all of the warning stickers were gone from the sled that his client bought and that the dealer was liable for his client NOT KNOWING that it was a ONE PASSENGER sled and they got into an accident because of it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the problem .... I put one of my sleds up for consignment at my local NH dealer. He sold the sled but I had removed all of the warning stickers .... he had to order them all and put them back on before he sold the sled. I asked 'why'? He said because he had been sued by someone who's smartyass lawyer said that all of the warning stickers were gone from the sled that his client bought and that the dealer was liable for his client NOT KNOWING that it was a ONE PASSENGER sled and they got into an accident because of it.

Interesting point. I should ask our dealer that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You think they are bad on a sled look at the ones on a four wheeler. Mine looks like a rolling billboard.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I used to decal whole tree wood chippers....25 pounds of decals

I told them they forgot the most important decal. Please remove your head from your ass before starting.

It's amazing the common sense crap you have to put on machines.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yup I take mine off my Sleds...one was in french that's not going to help eitherway lol.

I leave em on my Quad cus they are riveted to the plastic . Looks worse without the label I think on that.:dunno:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We keep our sleds til the tracks fall off so I’m not concerned about trading etc.
I couldn’t find anything in the owners manual stating they must stay on. Maybe they’re like the labels on mattresses or pillows that can only be removed by consumer!!! Gotta believe it’s a manufacturer’s “cover your ass” CYA thing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
One of the first thing I did after bringing my 900 turbo home. Gas works better then the goo gone wipes btw

·
The Meat Man
15,701 Posts
:c-n:

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That’s exactly what I was thinking!!
CYA everyday.