Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this posted a thousand times over the past couple of months, but upon performing a search I couldn't find anything that satisfied my question.

I'm getting a clutch kit in my F6 this week, and racing in a 660' next weekend and 1000' the weekend after. This is what I have gathered from "word of mouth" so far...

1. Shorten limiter straps from stock setting.

2. Relax front spring tension to allow A arms to sit horizontal.

What I am unsure about:

A. Loosen spring tension on the front rear suspension shock? Or tighen to max tension?

B. Coupling blocks - in or out? Lowest setting? ie: #1?

C. Run a brand new belt? Or a belt with couple hundred miles?(got a brand spanker and one with 700mi)

D. Lowest setting for rear suspension spring adjusters?

If ANYONE has any further suggestions, I would love to hear them!! :D :D

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
These setups are for trail riding, not for dragging. For dragging, tighten the front shock as much as possible after you lengthen the front straps all the way out. Tighten the torsion springs all the way. Coupling blocks shouldn't matter, but you can play w/ that. My rear arm doesn't touch my coupling blocks unless I hit a jump. I have the snow pro suspension though. The front skis should be loose as possible.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was I correct in saying to loosen the front ski tension to allow the A arms to sit horizontal? :blink:

Then tighten the front rear shock, and lengthen limiters?

Thanks B)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
all i did was twist em up as far as they go ( front shocks ) and strapped them down, 20/39 gears and chain, takes minutes and a clutch kit ( trail ) and i smoke everyone i line up against...... practice with it though, i bobble alot and thats not cooooool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts