Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 50 percent of the time when I punch it, it doesn't respond and the other half of the time it responds great.. What is the problem.. to me it sounds like bogging and then will rip once it catches up and burns off.. I also have a BMP Can and people tell me it is the can.. Should I get rid of the can?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sounds like valves are not operating properly. Have you checked the cable adjustment both have to be exactly the same length or the valves won't open motor cycles 3 times if cables are off the motor will not open valves. I think the measurement is 34.5mm. My friends 03 F7 was doing the same thing adjusted the cables and found a cable shielding loose runs like nails every time now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
These machines are coming from the factory running too rich (35:1) when it should be somewhere around 50:1. You probably need to have it leaned out. There is a thread that explains how to check your fuel to oil ratio. If too rich there are instructions on how to change it or have your dealer lean it out for you. There are numerous people on this forum that have done this and the bog is eliminated. Good luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These machines are coming from the factory running too rich (35:1) when it should be somewhere around 50:1. You probably need to have it leaned out. There is a thread that explains how to check your fuel to oil ratio. If too rich there are instructions on how to change it or have your dealer lean it out for you. There are numerous people on this forum that have done this and the bog is eliminated. Good luck![/b]
Thanks Guys..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone help me with a problem, 06 Crossfire 7. Bought last year, 2800 miles, ran tops, awesome I must say! Love the sled but after getting the exhaust ports cleaned plus 600 miles later, fuel milage is terrible. Dont have near the power, bottom or top end. Also no matter what the weather conditions were last year, as shutting off machine not once did it ever backfire. Now this has happened to frequently.

·
Registered
80 Posts
These machines are coming from the factory running too rich (35:1) when it should be somewhere around 50:1. You probably need to have it leaned out. There is a thread that explains how to check your fuel to oil ratio. If too rich there are instructions on how to change it or have your dealer lean it out for you. There are numerous people on this forum that have done this and the bog is eliminated. Good luck![/b]
can you guide me in the direction of these instructions?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
not familiar with crossfires, but just to throw this out there. if a sled is efi, and you have a can, you only have like a 95% chance that it will work right. i read this on speedwerx's sight last year. again, just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
388 Posts
leaning out the oil pump rod helps alot. the rest is taken care of if you go to 42# o nthe fuel pressure. I gained a little over 1 mpg when I put in the new pressure regulator. Others have seen a better improvement than that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts