Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found my sled F7, 1in track 102 studs down the center. When you hit it on the ice at about 40 MPH it rocks side to side bad! Does yours do this my brothers does the same. HE has same stud pattern as i do. Putting studs in the closed window help this?( I know it is slowing us down!
THANKYOU Skydog

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by Skydog@Jan 11 2003, 09:58 PM
I have found my sled F7, 1in track 102 studs down the center. When you hit it on the ice at about 40 MPH it rocks side to side bad! Does yours do this my brothers does the same. HE has same stud pattern as i do. Putting studs in the closed window help this?( I know it is slowing us down!
THANKYOU Skydog
Skydog,

On sleds in the past, I have noticed that 'rocking side to side' was more noticable when there was TOO MUCH rear suspension front arm spring tension. Again, this was on other brand/model sleds so it might not actually change the F7 characteristics but it might be worth a try..... Quick, cheap, and easy.
-John

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou for the input,but i have my front shock in my skid about as lose as it will go. It is not darting the skis are in the air, it is like rocking side to side on the track???
Skydog

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can get mine to rock side to side under power by slightly pressing down with my legs. I'm guessing that it's a characteristic of the light weight because I can control my pitch in the air by leaning forward or back also.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
What's the width from your furthest outside stud to outside stud in the center belt? What was this same distance on 15" wide tracks with studs in the outter belts??? There's a pretty big % difference in width! -- Roy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts