Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man were they out of wack!! I had to move the motor 1/4" inch foward and twist it a 1/2" to get it right.
Here is a few picks of the tool and a discription of how to use it.
I was once told that you can loose major power if your clutches are not in alignment.
1. take the driven clutch off, leave the shims on shaft
2. place tool on shaft with shims still on the shaft
3. see if opposite side of tool slips (effortlees) over the drive cluch inner shive
4. if not lossen engine mounts
5. adjust mounts on engine block till tool slips over drive clutch
6. align tools three post on driven clutch (by adjusting motor mounts) so the are flush with rear shive
7. tighten motor mounts
8. replace driven clutch.
9. drive the crap out of it
update: what a differance this made I'm sure glad I bought it and I bet my belts last a lot longer as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by Snowblind@Feb 26 2003, 11:52 PM
Man were they out of wack!! I had to move the motor 1/4" inch foward and twist it a 1/2"  to get it right.
Here is a few picks of the tool and a discription of how to use it.
I was once told that you can loose major power if your clutches are not in alignment.
1. take the driven clutch off, leave the shims on shaft
2. place tool on shaft
3. see if opposite side of tool slips (effortlees) over the drive cluch inner shive
4. if not lossen engine mounts
5. adjust mount block till tool slips over
5 align three post on driven clutch so the are flush with rear shive
6 tighten motor mounts
7 replace driven clutch.
8 drive the crap out of it
There are two step #5 in your directions. The second #5 SHOULD say, "align the tool's three posts on the DRIVE clutch so they are flush with its stationary sheeve"... right???

If you'd like, there is an Edit button to edit your post with, but only you can edit it of course. Otherewise, thanks for the nice pix and info! -- Roy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yup, the cat alignment tool can do the same, but you just have to measure the distance X and Y and there is a tolerance for the X and Y measurments.

It is a nice tool, but not worth the money IMHO. You can't do anything more than what you can with the normal tool.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Arctic cat tool as well, this one is so easy to use, just put it on and start turning bolts. it was only $150 Canadian I think it's well worth the $$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts