Hardcore Sledder banner

Sled MFG, Start making these!

5543 22
Hey HCS'ers,

I think the mfg's should start making Sled SXS.

In the past it was all dirtbikes (I have 2). Then 3 Wheelers (I have none). Then Quads (I have 2). Then SXS (I have 1). Throughout the whole time there have been snowmobiles (I have 1). And there also have been sleds that were SXS form the 70's to the mid 2000's.

GOPR Rescue Snowmobile, Poland — KNSTRCT

Because these Below are nothing like the ones above.

IMO,

If snowmobiling is to survive with global warming, and introduce a whole new demographic of riders... Sled MFG's are going to have to make SXS sleds, or were going to have to allow for retrofitting Quads and SXS, and MX(?)

Polaris is getting into it!

If it's got Skis,

And/Or Full/Partial Tracks,

Register it as a conversion sled.

Let them put a Snow pass on them, and let everyone enjoy the trails.

The speeds will be lower. So what. You ride for conditions.

Products | SnoCobra

Shoe.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
352 Posts
but its ok for a "skidoo elite" which is in reality the exact same thing yet slower then a side by side with tracks.......
They actually move as fast or faster then a sxs would.

Me personally if a sxs has track I don't care if they ride trails. But there still technically illegal so until that changes and they can be insured and passed to go on trails.

And a elite is no wider then sleds are outside ski to ski. Even some sxs are fine but there track kits typically make them over 50" wide.

·
Premium Member
28,419 Posts
I'd sooner see a tracked atv on the trail ,than the tired ones. Still ,because there's no snopass associated with them,its a little irritating .
yet hundreds of people use the trails without a pass on a sled.

many don't have valid registration.

sledders are as guilty as atvers for wrecking their sport.

just look east and there are trail closures happening. but it isn't from atv's. its from sledders.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
but its ok for a "skidoo elite" which is in reality the exact same thing yet slower then a side by side with tracks.......
Faster. The elite is good for 75mph.

Speed limit on the trails is 60KPH, and 30KPH in the corners.

If thats the case, my rzr can go 58mph, -15% gear reduction = 49.3mph or 79.34066kph.

WELL above the posted speed limit.

So what is too slow?

Just saying....

Shoe.

·
Premium Member
28,419 Posts
Faster. The elite is good for 75mph.

Speed limit on the trails is 60KPH, and 30KPH in the corners.

If thats the case, my rzr can go 58mph, -15% gear reduction = 49.3mph or 79.34066kph.

WELL above the posted speed limit.

So what is too slow?

Just saying....

Shoe.
Actually those aren't enforceable limits. They are recommended speed limits. No way to enforce a speed limit unless you're traveling on a road (which is illegal anyway in mb).

·
Premium Member
28,419 Posts
Actually those aren't enforceable limits. They are recommended speed limits. No way to enforce a speed limit unless you're traveling on a road (which is illegal anyway in mb).
Ahh. Didn't know that.

Thanks.

Shoe.
It's weird they even have the signs. I've seen a few recommended slow down ones which are better. I.e. Bridges, blind corners, creeks etc.
when I rode in Wisconsin they had enforced limits. And the cops would sit at road crossings with radar guns waiting. It was a sight.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
My guess is that Polaris will develop a new side x side sled, different than the Elite, and will create a new industry and huge following like the 4 wheeled SxS.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.