Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP GUYS LOOKING AT 2 SLEDS NEED ADVICE. WANT TO TRAIL RIDE AND BE ABLE TO DOUBLE THE MRS. 2 SLEDS LOOKING AT ARE 2016 ZR7000 LXR137 AND A 2013 1100 Snow PRO TURBO.
BOTH SAME COIN AREA THE 1100 HAS 3000KM AND THE 7000 HAS 9000KM
THOUGHTS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Start by turning your caps lock off.... the 1100 turbos had tons of issues (I had a 2013).... unless you like wrenching and buying aftermarket parts to make the sled what it should have been right from the start. The 7000 .... gas and go. My two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
are you good at doing upkeep??
as at the miles/KM's on the XF 7000' your starting to enter into the range of time to do more in depth PM's
valves, on motor, suspension rebuilding shocks and so on
is either sled set up NOW< for two up riding, as in having a two up seat on it
as if not there will be a price to pay when adding one, and again, when you go from a basic 1 person sled to adding
a second person, you tend to need to UPGRADE SHOCKS on rear skid to keep good handling and ride quality
so are you ready to spend the $$ to do this??

sleds are honestly higher maintenance machines than many understand , there NOT like atv's where you tend to fuel and ride
so keep this in mind when getting into this sport,
they require YEARLY PM"s and some times IN season PM"S and they don't matter on USE, even sitting from yr to yr they can need PM"S done!

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you're truly looking for a sled to ride 2up with the Mrs, you really should be shopping for a purpose built 2up sled. They will have proper seats, hand holds(with warmers) foot rests and a suspension made for riding with the extra weight. Trying to ride 2up on either of those sleds you mentioned will not be pleasant for your wife and she will not be pro snowmobiling due to a poor experience and your venture in the sport will be short lived.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts