Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how early I should start my daughter into snowmobiling. Took her for a ride today (8 miles) and she had a blast. I know they make sleds for kids, but I was wondering what age these sleds are for. I know 5 is young, ut I thought I would ask all you here that ride and I'm sure most have kids. Thanks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
AC 120 is step up for pretty young age. I don't think it is a matter of age over supervision. I have 5 year olds in front of me on my sleds doing throttle and steering, so I think with the right supervison, 5 is not too young.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Get the Z-120. I started my kid's when they were all around 3-4 yrs. old. My youngest is 6, he's the lucky one, my buddy let us use his daughters 120 for two years starting at age 3. It's the best way to get them into the sport, start them as soon as they show any interest. Just make sure you teach them to respect anything they are on. If they fall off and scare the hell out of themself, get them to get back on ,then explain how they need to pay attention to how they ride. All my kid's ( 17,14,13 & 6) have respect . Have the had spill's? Yep. But they have respect. I can't imagine a more family orentied sport. It's brought my family closer & made for alot of sore faces from laughing. Let them ride as soon as they climb on one. Just remember...supervision--supervision--supervision!!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How fast do those 120's go and how can you control the speed?

·
Registered
732 Posts
i think the top speed is around 16mph dont have any worries at all b.c i saw in some magazine that this kid with no arms had 1 and raced and won. he used arms to steer. all they did is change the handel bars to make them almost weight less and some how riged it so he used the gas with his foot. pretty neat if that kid can do it ur daught can to. ;)
good luck

·
Registered
634 Posts
My son started on a kitty cat at 2 (actually 31 months), he did great. The year after we bought him an AC 120. These units are very safe and as posted only do 8mph and you can lock the speed at anything lower than that. The important things are to ride on private open property or on the ice in the beginning, kids pick up quick. My son is now four and is outgrowing his 120, does any one know how to increase the speed without buying a kit. <_<

1 - 7 of 7 Posts