Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curioous to know if anyone has used this cover? I'd be using it on a open trailer. Opinions? I'm way to cheap to pay the prices for the doo cover they may be nice but gas for riding or a cover let me think. That's if we ever get snow. I have a 05 MXZ 600ho with the medium X windshield with 5" riser. I'm not sure if I'd need the large or medium cover also. If anybody has used it or has economical suggestions I'd appreciate the input. Thanks MarcSLED COVER

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am not sure on the craftmanship of that cover, but I will offer a few generic suggestions.
1. One size fits all covers can cause damage from flapping. The alternative solution is the Skinz cover which looks like it would work awesome because it is all elastic. Talke to Sled Solutions on this site.
2. If you are investing any money and are using it on an open trailer, buy a cover that covers the complete front (spindles, a-arms, skiis, etc.) this is where the salt does the most damage.
My $.02

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just got the same cover from Sams club over the internet. I think it was a little cheaper. I just happen to see it on there website. So if your a Sams club member check them out. I haven't used it on the trailer yet. But it seems like it will do well. Lots of hooks to tie down and adjustment to keep it tight to the sled. I think it will works great. I was in the same boat didn't want to spend a lot for a cover.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Can't speak on the quailty of the cover but I'm with xc800 on covering the whole front including the skis. As far as as $$ goes it is a lot cheaper to spend a little more on a good cover than to deal with the problems caused by excessive corrosion. Also resale value on a clean sled will more than offest the additional cost of high quality cover. Like was posted earlier I would look at the Skinz covers if I needed one, Paul at Sledsolutions seems to really take care of his customers. Just my $.02
Think Snow
zrbiga

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I use a Sheer Madness Body Cover on mine and it covers from the ski tips to the rear end totally. Nothing gets on mine while trailering

·
Registered
523 Posts
Regarding your financial situation, if that is an issue, this is a fine cover. A friend has one on each of his Ski Doo REVs. I have trailered one up north for him and it never wiggled. My Arctic Cat cover was flopping all over. I now have a Scheer Madness cover and that is truly the Cat's Meow. This is a top of the line cover. Cost is not cheap but it will last a long time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
That is the same cover that they sell at Farm and Fleet/Fleet and Farm as others have stated. I had two of them and they both ripped on the first trip. Took them back to F&F and they refunded my money. Junk! Spend the extra money on a good cover. I know they are expensive, but I have had the best luck with the factory covers that are custom fitted to the sled. Less flapping = less wear and tear. The Skinz ones look nice but I have no experience with them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I tried an el' cheapo cover on my old 99 ZL, and learned the hard way. It was gone from the sled 6 hours in to a 9 hour trip to the U.P.. Since then, and three sleds later, all I will personally buy is the best cover the manufacturer has to offer. I usualy work it in to the deal on the sled when I buy. My dealer is good about giving credit on covers.

My .02!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts