Hardcore Sledder banner

skis

752 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  F 7-11 
#1 ·
rob how can you call a clear winner without all skis tested. from what i hear is the simmons flexi-ski are a better ski. i know that you did not test these skis, but i think we need more info before buying any skis. need more info on skis n and wear bars.

#2 ·
I contacted Simmons several times. They didn't want a heads-up comparison.
Everyone that I've spoke with that has Simmons (or Ski-Doo precision skis which are knock-offs) say that Simmons are great on the trails but not so good in deep or loose snow. The Firecat stock skis are fine on trails but have trouble on a loose surface, and that is where the Simmons are at their weakest.

If Simmons or any FC owner that has Simmons skis wants to get together and try the Powder Pros with me that would be great and I could write it up as an addition to the ski test. But for now I consider the Powder Pros the best for the Firecat chassis. I think SLP knew that, as did Simmons. Don't you think they've done their own testing and know the results?

#4 ·
Again, C&A was set to forward me a set of skis, but I never received them after I mentioned a heads-up comparison.

I think the C&As would be similar in performance to the Powder Pros on loose trails, but the disadvantages to C&As are that they tend to push on ice once the carbides get a bit dull. Also, they dart and catch the ruts quite a bit because of their flat-bottom profile. Steering effort can be very high on certain surfaces. I owned a set of C&As several years ago. Again, I'd like to do a comparison and add it to the test.

#5 ·
It seems that the Powder Pros are offering the best of both worlds,trails,powder.Thats not an easy accomplishment,usually there's a comprimise.Rob are you keeping that set for yourself,returning them,renting them out,demos?

#10 ·
Originally posted by NHF7@Jan 8 2003, 03:06 PM
Rob,what carbides are you running, and do you think your skis would work better than my stock with eight inch doolys? My sled works awsome with your setup but always trying to make it better, thanks.
I'm using the 6" 60 degree carbides. Yes, I think these skis are super. I just can't believe how good this sled is handling now compared to how it handled from the factory. Damn near perfect!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.