Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine lost the tether for his DESS on a 98 FIII 700. He pulled the wires on it so he can start it but it will not run right. It will idle fine but as soon as you hit the gas it just makes a bogging noise and will not rev up. We are curious if it is because the DESS is not present. Any ideas? :huh:

·
Registered
841 Posts
It wont run without the tether..........its 50 bucks for a new one.........my seadoo is the same way it will start and run but as soon as you rev off idle it dies

·
Registered
485 Posts
B) Hey, it's a security device and it is not supposed to be easy to bypass. I believe the sled will not rev over 3000 rpm without the tether installed. Tell buddy he better be able to prove he owns the sled to the dealer, and he may also have to bring the machine to the dealer also. Many of may Ski-Doo buddies also keep a spare programmed tether for those little emergencies........Cat needs to copy this cool set-up and there push button reverse is simply awesome! I don't care what you ride good ideas come in more colours than just green!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i must agree, i'm not sure about the ignition on the firecats but it looks like all you would have to do is pull the 2 wires and away you go :(
The push button reverse would also be slick!

·
Registered
485 Posts
There was a thread on the old site regarding the ignition theft issue and a lot of great ideas were suggested , if your the least bit concerned about the security of your cat check it out , these bad boys are easy to borrow,and wouldn't it be fun to really ride it like you stole it???? :ph34r: :ph34r:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Got Snow is correct. I have a 700 mxz w/ dss. Your dealer can reprogram it very quickly if you can prove it is your sled.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I heard that AC is coming out with a chip key like the old GM vehicles that will be essentially the same thing as the DESS but cheaper to produce and maintain. Anybody else heard this or have an update.

·
Registered
245 Posts
RER - Oh that would be SUPER SWEET! I'm gettin too old to turn this thing. Ohh... Give it another 50 lb diet, that would work to :wacko:

Yes I would also like a DESS - Like system (to be retrofitted maybe) that would give ya ALOT BATTER FEELING while having a bite to eat on the trail. I always make the guys I ride with park in a big MESS. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts