Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easiest way to wrestle a skid into a sled? I am putting an edge skid into mine and I have everything done, and I'm ready to put the skid in. Is it easier to put the back in first or the front? I have the back of the sled hanging from the ceiling so I could work under there. Would it be easier to roll the machine on it's side? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
What is the easiest way to wrestle a skid into a sled? I am putting an edge skid into mine and I have everything done, and I'm ready to put the skid in. Is it easier to put the back in first or the front? I have the back of the sled hanging from the ceiling so I could work under there. Would it be easier to roll the machine on it's side? Any help would be appreciated.[/b]
I roll the machine over from side to side. I put the front in first. I loosen all the springs in the skid. make the dangle. Its easier to get the holes to line up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the back of the sled hanging (as you have done), and get a buddy to help lift the skid with track into the tunnel. Front end first, with something to help support the front end once you slide it in. Be sure you have unscrewed the adjusters for the rear idler wheels first, as it can help getting the front holes lined up. Muscle the skid a bit back and forth and side to side until all holes line up - this is not always easily done first try.
Have fun! GW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts