Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wedsites below for two mfg's, may be more out there. Wondering if they work with C&A Pro skis (Outlaws). I have an email into each company with that question, waiting to hear back.

Seems like a good idea for those gas stations with bare pavement, large road crossings, in the garage, etc. etc.

http://www.adsolinc.com/skiwheelz.html

http://www.retrax.net/

Please let me know your thoughts if you have used these AND if you know whether they work or not with C&A Pro skis.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The retrax are $200, still a lot, but if it extends your carbides, saves your truck/trailer bed, reduces garage floor/driveway wear....may be worth it to me.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Might let me get a few laps up and down the street. Gotta be worth somethin'. No?

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I watched the retrax video out of curiosity and it looked like a good idea to me. To help with riding to the pumps or loading and unloading on the trailer; seems like a good idea to me. I really liked the idea of putting the rear wheels on and being able to push the sled around in your garage. If it doesn't add too much weight I might try it out on my wife's sled first.

Did you find out if they made them for C and A skis?

Auger

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I watched the retrax video out of curiosity and it looked like a good idea to me. To help with riding to the pumps or loading and unloading on the trailer; seems like a good idea to me. I really liked the idea of putting the rear wheels on and being able to push the sled around in your garage. If it doesn't add too much weight I might try it out on my wife's sled first.

Did you find out if they made them for C and A skis?

Auger[/b]
Auger, still waiting to hear back regarding whether they'll fit the C&A's.

I've had too many times running "short" trips down a road where your left ski is on blacktop 50% of time....to me I'd be inclined to drop a wheel down for such trips.....to help save your carbides. Also, sometimes the trail jumps up on the edge of a road to get across a bridge or something...again too much blacktop etc...and subsequent premature wear of the $100+ carbides for me. Also, some gas stations, trailer floor, etc etc....hopefully they fit the C&A's. Also, if they do, hopefully they'll fit future sleds so you can transfer them later on (lowering their long-term cost).

·
Registered
751 Posts
more hassle then anything imo. plus how would they work in partly hardpack snow/ice covered parking lost? probably only good on completely uncovered pavement. and on and off the sled for every road crossing, etc? f that you could buy 2-3 sets of carbides for that price. :celebrating: :linemup:

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
It may be a push as far as the cost of carbides and the cost of the wheels over time. But if a guy likes sharp carbides to keep the sleds handling great in the trails, these things might be worth it. I have some concern about the wheels somehow 'deploying' on the trails when I'm at a higher rate of speed.

The idea is sound however. I ride in northern MN, and I put on 5000-6000 miles a year. Sharp carbides sure help and I could either buy new ones a few times a year or sharpen them also. But it might be nice to just throw the wheels up and help keep 'em sharp.

Auger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.