Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the jag owners how do you have your sled set up for hard trail ridding.I tried tight spring pressure and drilled holes in the limiter strap and moved it, but it still is tipy any ideas

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
For the jag owners how do you have your sled set up for hard trail ridding.I tried tight spring pressure and drilled holes in the limiter strap and moved it, but it still is tipy any ideas[/b]
put the seat all the way down

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have not found the Z1 2008 snopro tippy ---it absolutely rail corners ----seat up one notch, ride with knees almost touching front of sled,,,,,,,fox air shock up front and 2 inch fox in rear, and Simmons Gen 2 skis.........the more body weight you put on the inside corner the better to off-set the bulk of the sled. Straps set per factory setting, front skid spring set slightly firm, but not tight. Can't throw it thru corners like my firecat, but I bet it goes into and out of corners faster once you get use to the motor drag coming into corners, and that engine grunt and hook-up coming out of the corner makes you want to do it again, and again.........

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,328 Posts
For the jag owners how do you have your sled set up for hard trail ridding.I tried tight spring pressure and drilled holes in the limiter strap and moved it, but it still is tipy any ideas[/b]
Generally tighting the front ski pressure makes sled handling more nervous, soften that front end up and which will lower the front end giving you a lower cg making your sled less tippy.

BTW how tight is the spring on front arm shock?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked at the front skid shock and it was tight...only 1/2'' of thread showing on top ...right from factory ...losened it up and will ride Friday...

·
Registered
163 Posts
upgrade your shocks I have a complete 2008 jag set up shocks and springs takeoffs............$ 325.00.... includes 2 torsion springs , rear shock, front track shock, center spring, both front shocks with springs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a 115 mile trip today..it handled better ,now I am going to turn it down more after it thaws out ..will try that..

G

·
upgrade your shocks I have a complete 2008 jag set up shocks and springs takeoffs............$ 325.00.... includes 2 torsion springs , rear shock, front track shock, center spring, both front shocks with springs.[/b]

What shocks do you have? Ryde FX?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just have the stock shocks...I let out the front skid shock more and I think it has helped on with the tip over ..just put 8" of carbide on and put the limiter strap back to stock..have yet to ride after that....

G

·
both front shocks ryde fx, rear shock ryde fx, front track shock arvin mentor {same company}[/b]

I thought the shocks on the EB's were the better ones? Am I wrong in believing this? I have the ryde fx on mine, I was thinking of upgrading to the floats.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
That is why I question how swapping a 2008 ryde fx suspension is an upgrade over the EB.[/b]

I think the Ryde Fx's were a downgrade as Cat advertised and built the EB's with the ACT's. Thats why I grabbed a EB instead of the later ones.

·
Registered
163 Posts
IF you have act's on your eb than than you are better off. some of the ebs came through our shop had crappy hydro shocks similar to f570 f370. My mistake didn't see that you had acts. The floats are the way to go. or if you can afford olins this would be better yet. still the 08 stock springs are slightly stiffer than previous. I opted for turning my blk 08 into a sno pro, with floats , zero pros with sno pro springs ...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have since put on 8" of single carbide...ski and skid shocks are cranked down to the lower end ..I am back to the factory setting on the limiter strap but want to try a 1/2 -3/4 " tighter...its cornering alot better...thanks...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts