Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't afford to outright buy all these skis, so I contacted Simmons just like I contacted C&A and SLP asking them to participate in the HCS Ski test. Simmons did not want their skis compared to the others. Take that for what it's worth... <_< SLP was especially eager to have their skis compared to other after market skis. I kind of think they had already done their own tests. ^_^

I'm still hoping to get together with a forum member with the Simmons skis so we can do a comparison soon.

·
Registered
290 Posts
rob-
did you test the SLT's with the Trail package(5" carbides). I ride NH and it was pretty hard packed this weekend. I was darting all over the place so I'm thinking if SLT's. Their website says the 5" reduces darting much better than the 6". Any input?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by AC F7@Jan 26 2003, 06:07 PM
rob-
did you test the SLT's with the Trail package(5" carbides). I ride NH and it was pretty hard packed this weekend. I was darting all over the place so I'm thinking if SLT's. Their website says the 5" reduces darting much better than the 6". Any input?
Yes, Jane uses the trail 5" carbides and keel blades. That combo totally eliminates darting, but it does create some drag.. Jane loves it, but to me the keel blades seem to cut topend a bit. I like the 6" carbides better. Its a compromise, and it depends on what is most important to you. The 5" w/keel blades are THE best setup for no darting.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think that's what I'll order than, the 5". I ran you setup this weekend and liked it alot, except I was darting all over the place and still had a little push

If I can just get rid of the darting my setup will be perfect. I could try different runners but I need new ski's anyways.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Jan 26 2003, 10:57 PM
I can't afford to outright buy all these skis, so I contacted Simmons just like I contacted C&A and SLP asking them to participate in the HCS Ski test. Simmons did not want their skis compared to the others. Take that for what it's worth... <_< SLP was especially eager to have their skis compared to other after market skis. I kind of think they had already done their own tests. ^_^

I'm still hoping to get together with a forum member with the Simmons skis so we can do a comparison soon.
Rob, i recieved two pair of Simmonds skis,one for my F7 and one for my friends, ridden maybe 30 mi. & no darting at all.A little hard to steer on tight twistie trail but i have it set for all the ski pressure, may take some off but want to try up north first! Going to camp prob. wed.Not sure i want to reg. in VT.But i'll talk it over with wife.If i don't would you like to come to NH for a ride? Think you said you had NH reg.Or i'll meet you in VT & let you try ski's. I'll be back up north for an extended stay in Feb.If you wanted to come to NH i Have parking for you. Hey if you try these & fall in love with them i'll get you a set at good price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rob, i recieved two pair of Simmonds skis,one for my F7 and one for my friends, ridden maybe 30 mi. & no darting at all.A little hard to steer on tight twistie trail but i have it set for all the ski pressure, may take some off but want to try up north first! Going to camp prob. wed.Not sure i want to reg. in VT.But i'll talk it over with wife.If i don't would you like to come to NH for a ride? Think you said you had NH reg.Or i'll meet you in VT & let you try ski's. I'll be back up north for an extended stay in Feb.If you wanted to come to NH i Have parking for you. Hey if you try these & fall in love with them i'll get you a set at good price.[/b]
Where in NH? We could ride over and get together in pittsburg-colebrook area and ride each other's F7 to get an idea.. Or maybe truck over and wrench to actually try the skis on our own F7s. Where is your camp?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Camps in Stewatstown on Mudgett Mtn.1/4 mi. from Grandview Snackshack. Have parking in Clarksville off 145 15 min. from Colebrook. Or we can meet somewhere. We park in Clarksville & sled to camp , about 10 min.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts