Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my best of knowledge... I have stock springs on the front. My shocks were rebuilt last season and when I reinstalled everything, the springs still sagged majorly...

I checked out a few other XCs and when you pick up on the front bumper, the ride height stays pretty high. When you pick up on my front, the sled sags right back down 2-3 inches... whats going on? Do I need to get stiffer springs?

Any help would be super....

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
just installing new springs should help getting your ride height back.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
<<<<just installing new springs should help getting your ride height back.>>>

Maybe, maybe not. The stock Edge dual wound springs are pretty wimpy. The primary windings are nearly coil bound even when new. If you're looking to raise it, you might want to check out the white springs listed for an '04 XC. Some guys are running straight wound 120's too.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I had the same problem, checnged to strait rate 110s, wouldnt go any stiffer unless you really beat you sled. I jump a lot and pound the hard stuff and I love mine.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
2003 prox 600-800 spring are a good choice also, they are varible rate like oem xc spring but about 30 lbs per " higher. strait rate 100~120 springs work but may need shocks to ne revalved slower on rebound.

·
Registered
43,843 Posts
Don't forget about the condition of the center track spring.... seems every xc I've owned ends up sagging in the front after a couple thousand miles.....while thius isn't the complete fix...we had a buddy that preps our sleds crank up the spring on that center shock to help....if the sled has a bunch of miles or hard use...changing the IFS springs is recommended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts