Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my newly purchased ZR 6000 has staggered dual ski carbides, I assume these are from the factory? Are they a good set up? Do they prevent darting?
I was looking to replace them with Woodys Dooly 4" carbides but if these work I will leave them on.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The stock ones definitely help keep the darting in check, but push a bit in everything but firm trails. I run them through break in then i put on dual carbides runners.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The actual carbide is only 4" long... I have a brand new pair for sale, very cheap . I put dual 6" on my RR8000. The carbi

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Get rid of them, put on some Bergstrom triple point carbides and a set of their ski shims. You won’t believe how good they work, and you can thank me this winter

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard great things about the Bergstrom carbides, thanks for the info everyone

·
Registered
112 Posts
I run Snow Trackers and couldn't be happier with them.
It's like power steering.

Enjoy the new toy

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.
How many miles you got on them? Considering a set myself, but Im curious how they actually wear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
How many miles you got on them? Considering a set myself, but Im curious how they actually wear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I have over 10,000 miles on my set and will have many more trouble free miles left in them before replacement.

I run the aggressive set too btw.

Jeff B In Maine

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have over 10,000 miles on my set and will have many more trouble free miles left in them before replacement.

I run the aggressive set too btw.

Jeff B In Maine

I’ve not heard to much about the snow trackers, where did you buy them, and you use stock cat skis with them?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I’ve not heard to much about the snow trackers, where did you buy them, and you use stock cat skis with them?
Yes I run the stock Cat skis.
They are amazing.

Jeff B In Maine

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The actual carbide is only 4" long... I have a brand new pair for sale, very cheap
. I put dual 6" on my RR8000. The carbi

I think 6" duals are too aggressive for my set up, I have no track studs

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get rid of them, put on some Bergstrom triple point carbides and a set of their ski shims. You won’t believe how good they work, and you can thank me this winter

Are the ski shims hard to install?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
no. Some folks take the rubber pad that goes under ski and put them in hot water, to soften them up. The shim goes under that pad, it puts more pressure on the rear of carbide.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Yes I run the stock Cat skis.
They are amazing.

. What model do you use? They make several levels of aggression

Jeff B In Maine

Hey Jeff what about going into paved lots for fuel and that kinda stuff?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Yup, I do it often.
Not a big deal.

I don't cross or ride on a bunch of paved roads but they do react well when crossing.

Jeff B In Maine

Maybe I’m missing something on their site. It’s not real clear which one I would use on my 20 turbo,

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I’m a Snotracker User also. They are excellent in every way and very inexpensive to just stick new everlaster blades on them if you feel they’ve lost a bit of bite on ice. In Canada a set of Everlaster blades is like $70.I go semi aggressive but my sled is heavy on the front the way I have it setup.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Ski alignment goes a long on way on the procross. Most of them are out from the factory and that will cause them to dart. Correct it and it pretty much is non existent. Those factory staggered carbides are not very good either. Cat stopped sending them on sleds now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ski alignment goes a long on way on the procross. Most of them are out from the factory and that will cause them to dart. Correct it and it pretty much is non existent. Those factory staggered carbides are not very good either. Cat stopped sending them on sleds now.
Do you know what they install now?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts