Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i was wondering if anyone has studded their new rev xp yet? i recently picked up a new 800r and im looking to install 168 studs... anyone have pics, patterns or info on this please? i was also wondering about putting a stud in every other outside lug of the track... any help is very much appreciated.. thank you in advance.. please leave me a post or an [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi, i was wondering if anyone has studded their new rev xp yet? i recently picked up a new 800r and im looking to install 168 studs... anyone have pics, patterns or info on this please? i was also wondering about putting a stud in every other outside lug of the track... any help is very much appreciated.. thank you in advance.. please leave me a post or an [email protected][/b]

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I used the stock studding pattern on the 1.25" track, 84 studs(1.375) - StudBoy powerpoint at $2.25 per with backer. I rode my sled before installing the studs and after, 84 is enough for me. I went with the 1 inch tunnel protectors too.

If someone had given me another 84 studs to install I probably would have used the stock pattern somehow with double backers, NONE on the outside.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I used the stock studding pattern on the 1.25" track, 84 studs(1.375) - StudBoy powerpoint at $2.25 per with backer. I rode my sled before installing the studs and after, 84 is enough for me. I went with the 1 inch tunnel protectors too.

If someone had given me another 84 studs to install I probably would have used the stock pattern somehow with double backers, NONE on the outside.[/b]
84 studs for me ....Cant see needing anymore with this sled..800 miles and no pullouts or bent ones.Sled transfers so much weight,you dont need as many as other sleds

·
Registered
656 Posts
84 studs for me ....Cant see needing anymore with this sled..800 miles and no pullouts or bent ones.Sled transfers so much weight,you dont need as many as other sleds[/b]

x2

·
Registered
288 Posts

I use the paddel studs. very easy to install and weight a lot less than regular studs. I put about 156 and now have about 500 miles haven't lost any yet. I also had them on an older sled and never lost any in about 2000 miles.
Btw, I was the only guy to make to the top of a local mountain here called Mount Carleton. I credit the studs !
Just a thought ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was looking at studding. The woody's that are approved to use on the single ply track are way different to the regular studs. I'm just to afraid to knock out a heat exchanger to stud right now, although everyone that has is very happy. Studded all sleds until this one and stopped using the outside ones years ago, it just ruins the wheels and there is no way the light wheels will hold up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts