Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
whats the thoughts on skis...Im not feeling the tuners
Always heard good things about c n a pros, but my buddy ran curve on his nitro and said handling was improved dramatically due to heavy nose, obviously different chassis but is a concern, curve has some nice features on the c n a with some add twists no pun intended ��, I'm looking into them and report back,

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll be running curves on mine. If your only running trails, the 6" Cat skis worked pretty good on my 14 viper. (And cheap)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
X2 on the Curves. They bite and are predictable. Tuners just don't work in most conditions at higher speeds.

·
Premium Member
33,213 Posts
SJ, we have curves this year. I'm stocking all black but can get you any color you want if interested.

·
Administrator
2021 VR1 Eight-Fiddy HYPERSLED!!
20,593 Posts
What type 6 inch carbide are you using on the curve skis?
I ran Curves for 3 seasons across two separate Polaris sleds (2012 Switchback and 2015 Rush). Prior to the Curves I had used USI x2 Triple Threats, and swapped rides with a buddy who had C&A Razors. The Curves were the best skis of the bunch ... even my buddy agreed.

Talking to the Curve guys at Haydays, they recommended a traditional round bar vs. using a Shaper or Bergstrom's. So that's what I used .... and was very happy with the results. If they worked well on my Switchback, I can only assume they'd work just as well on the new Yam :dunno:

·
Premium Member
33,213 Posts
Can you get me a price on Curves, black with 6inch carbides with mounts for my SW? I didn't find them on your website.
Thanks.
i didn't have time to get them on the site yet with all the options and right now the site is screwed up and wont let me add anything.
I can do a set for $410 with an upgrade to 6 inch carbides instead of the standard 4 inch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new to the curves on my sidewinder am going to start with 6" round bars and adjust from there. I think the Apex, nytro and viper guys really like slim jims. (Minimal steering effort I believe)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Hey SJ I'm feeling the same as you about the sidewinder ski's. I'm thinking maybe curves with 6 inch carbide. By the way your sled looks awesome ! There so sweet I bought the same one lol. Haven't got it yet though. I gotta say I really like what you have done to your your sled so far. Looking to see what studs and pattern to install on mine. Your set up last year was sure nice I bet she really hooked up.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so couple things...Ive got a set of slp mohawks to try...and a seto of 17 procross skis as a back up option...

be careful studding...Im putting a post up on it..

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SJ what did you end up with for skis? What did you think of the Mohawks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never ran the Mohawks...still in my need to try list..I ran the pro cross with triple points and it's pretty decent...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts