Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some thought the firecat was tippy??? look at my buddys new 03 renegade 800 .... came around a corner at 14mph and flipped over and boom...there came out the parts!! haha

Naw j/k...we threw out his part on the ground..and had him pose..people passing laughed and were wondering what was up...anyways...hes gota brand new sled..and he had some misfortune......take a look at the next pic....

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take a look at the hole....he smelt fluid burning...hmmm i look at it..and say..yeah so find the plug and put it back in there and lets go...UH OHH did i hear right?? theres not supposed to be a hole there??? well what u see there is the top gear nut...it spun right off and bored a hole through the case and made it look stock....gooo no good for him...well anways... we had to be trail mcGuyvers and take off the chaincase cover and there is NO cotter pin....maybe not even tightened so..maybe it wasnt there from the factory?? any who..we had to re thread the bolt and install it ...then we found a nail off a sign and used it as a cotter pin...then we used gas to clean off the oil on the outside and slapped some duct tape on there and good to go!! haha is that all for the weekend?? unfortuneatly no...speakin of recoil problems..instead of having it fray and snap like some firecats...he came out the next morning..to find that his recoil didnt work at all..u can pull it..but it doesnt engauge the motor.. Unfortunately all sleds break down new or old...no matter what brand... we have our ups and downs but all in all its worth it to enjoy a wonderful sport!!

We booked back 20 miles to a gas station to get a extention socket and some other sockets from the gas station/lodge owner...well i run in there..wait in line..FULL of sledders..and i asked Ed the owner for a socket extention..and he goes and gets it..i mention we have a SLED on the trail thats broke down..this women decked out in DOO wear looks at me all snotty and says " Well thats why i Drive SKI DOO's because they dont break down like ur arctic CRAPS!" whoa...i just kinda laughed inside and said softly..."Mamm..acctually the sled thats broken down out there is a Brand new ski doo" she then looked suprised and said "well that must be a fluke that just doenst happen..he must of done something to his sled" i just smiled and walked away i didnt have time for her...funny stuff...

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good souviener....i said he should take the peice of aluminum..the hold it bored out..and flop it on the desk at his dealer and say "yeah i need a replacement chain case plug" haha..i can only imagine the looks on there faces...duuhhh hahah

·
Registered
580 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my Zl on a trip, the upper bolt came loose in the chaincase and the top gear came off, Ruined the top/lower gear, chain, and drive shaft, It didn't hurt the cover at all, chewed up the dipstick. Lost one and a half days of riding and was $500 lighter in the wallet....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have heard of that happening a few times with the skidoos. They forget to put the cottor pin and the castle nut holding the top gear spins off.
I think your buddy will like his Renegade, I rode on last year and it was a great sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts