Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought my sled to the car wash and gave it a good wash. When I got home it started up fine and I was able to get it off my truck. It didn't start the next day so I waited for it to dry out for a few days. It's been around 40F degrees. A few days later I got it started by putting pressure on the key, but now it won't start again. Should I let it dry out and wait a few more days?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
well can you elaborate a little more
what do you mean NOT starting
is the starter engaging and turning over motor , but motor just not firing
or is there no power from key to starter?

like always, the more info you give us the better we can try and help you
this typicality included make, model, yr, miles hours, of sled,
and again more details one hat its doing or NOT doing!

not starting is a rather vague deal could be TONS of things! and just coincidence of happening after washing, OR from washing or????
SO,
more you tell us, more we can try help you!

also FYI< pressure washing a sled is never that great a idea
it can push water into places it shouldn;t and also push SALT into places it should go along with that water!

can blow out grease from bearings or again water into them

when pressure washing, you need to be rather gentile and careful of things
so just food for thought for you in the future!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Definitely learned the hard way on this one.

My sled is a 2015 Renegade. I was just up in Maine and the sled ran great all week.

There is no power from the key to starter. When I try to start the sled, nothing happens. I think It might have something to do with the DESS.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
The overspray mist from pressurized washing can work its way into unexpected places. One vulnerable target area is the pair of relays Ski-Doo uses for the starter and electric reverse (if so equipped). They seem to be moisture-sensitive and can be frustrating to troubleshoot, especially if the temperature swings widely. They are the same, so you can try swapping them, or replace them with OEM or equivalent (i.e. NAPA 192D). I carry a pair in my jacket pocket.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
There is no key...

With that said, replace your 5A and 30A fuse regardless of how they look and report back.

Stev- No relays on the 2015 Etec. Now if it was a 600 Carb, it would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts