Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,588 Posts
Search SPI on either e-bay or amazon they are one in the same. You can probably find them for under $80.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Search SPI on either e-bay or amazon they are one in the same. You can probably find them for under $80.
I see the ski doo ones on both, but not the spi ones anymore. Wondering if the design was discontinued for some reason. Looks like their tunnel mounted ones have replaceable tips.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For those that have installed the one-rig holders and hooks (or similar), have you had issues with galvanic corrosion in that area? The hook is SS and looks like the block you have to tap and screw into is aluminum or is it not aluminum?
Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Automotive design Gadget
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Gas Electrical wiring
Nickel Gas Engineering Automotive fuel system Machine

·
Registered
170 Posts
It is aluminum.
i am trying to source or make aluminum hooks for my 22VR1
Shouldn’t be to hard to make them if I can’t buy them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just buy some stainless steel ones at the hardware store, cheap and easy.
Stainless and aluminum don’t play well with each other, especially in the wet and salt. It’s a big recipe for galvanic corrosion which is where I was going with this. The mounts he makes are awesome and I know people who use them but before i install them on my sled I think I’m gonna find a way to isolate the dissimilar metals (I will say that I don’t know of any issues anyone has with them - I just know it’s a not a good mix)
It is aluminum.
i am trying to source or make aluminum hooks for my 22VR1
Shouldn’t be to hard to make them if I can’t buy them
yea - stainless in contact with aluminum, especially in wet conditions is asking for corrosion…I suppose using no-seize should help slow the process down

41 - 52 of 52 Posts