Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,155 Posts
I-bexx rail mounted scratchers are fast becoming the go to here. way stronger then the ski-doo ones. very ruggedly built.
Is drilling the rail needed to mount these Rick? Does the block lock into one of the holes in the rail like the ONE-RIG custom made blocks?
From a quick review online myself it looks like they aren't made directly for Poo, Doo, Cat or Yami let alone specifically for certain models.
Am I wrong or is one model being made for all models and types of sleds?

Anyone have trouble with these types of scratchers breaking? I put them on a cat last year and one broke fairly quickly. We were riding in very iced over conditions, but that's when you need it, right?
I love the ONE RIG Mounts but for the first time ever I witnessed myself what Ron Swanson here said about them breaking prematurely.
I don't know if they had a bad run of metal in their wire for 2020 but I snapped 3 of them with very limited use. Usually I wear them down to just being too short eventually with Long Life.
To be clear the ONE RIG mounts have been awesome. It's the Wire scratcher that has snapped on me 3 times last season. Seams like a new issue for me that started in 2020??
For this reason I'm asking Rick what he knows about the I-BEXX scratchers and the mounts having to be attached with drilling of the rail? The I-Bexx look to be stainless and maybe more durable?

·
Vendor
10,507 Posts
you have to use one rig design mounting blocks or drill the rail. these don't break, wear better, and never bend etc. backing up. really rugged

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is drilling the rail needed to mount these Rick? Does the block lock into one of the holes in the rail like the ONE-RIG custom made blocks?
From a quick review online myself it looks like they aren't made directly for Poo, Doo, Cat or Yami let alone specifically for certain models.
Am I wrong or is one model being made for all models and types of sleds?

I love the ONE RIG Mounts but for the first time ever I witnessed myself what Ron Swanson here said about them breaking prematurely.
I don't know if they had a bad run of metal in their wire for 2020 but I snapped 3 of them with very limited use. Usually I wear them down to just being too short eventually with Long Life.
To be clear the ONE RIG mounts have been awesome. It's the Wire scratcher that has snapped on me 3 times last season. Seams like a new issue for me that started in 2020??
For this reason I'm asking Rick what he knows about the I-BEXX scratchers and the mounts having to be attached with drilling of the rail? The I-Bexx look to be stainless and maybe more durable?
Guy I ride with actually broke both of his ibexx ones the day my doo/spi one broke. Maybe just bad conditions that day? I was ok with one but he struggled to keep temps down that day without any. He talked to ibexx and they were talking to him about sending him a replacement that would be shorter in length. The idea was maybe that the ibexx have too much downpressure for trail riding. Not sure if he took them up on that. He had duraflex on another sled for years and never had issues so I think he's going back to them. I don't know why but I don't like the cable style. He had good luck with them but heard others complain them beating up rails, losing tension, not staying up. I might try the qualipieces one. I like that the mount won't rotate. I guess all of them have drawbacks but I won't ride without them anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the One Rig mounts for when my sled get here - anyone have pics of the Ibex ones mounted with the One Rig blocks? Any mods needed?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Easier install, no drilling. Those tunnel mounted ones are nice but I don't know how I feel about drilling that much into my brand new sled.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Well, that is a good point, they do require 2 holes drilled in the tunnel on each side for the hanger. But the cable ones on the rail made an ungodly mess of my rails. Wore big dents on the top of the rails. I tried to zip tie a piece of radiator hose to protect it, but that didn't last long.

I ran the skidoo tunnel mount on on my vr1 last year. Going to put them on my xcr this year. They work week. Only thing I noticed is the ice build on them.my vr1 always had a large build of ice in the rear of tunnel.
Yes, the ice build up on my tunnel mounted scratchers definitely can be severe, I have noticed that on mine.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
thinking about ibex on my 22’ did you make the aluminum plates?
I’m going from an assault to a vr1 so I’m not sure I even need scratchers
129 or 137? Yes made my own, I have sets for 144, 146 and 137. Mine were hand made but I sent them to a laser shop and they cut them out for me. I will post some pics Monday.

·
Registered
477 Posts
129 or 137? Yes made my own, I have sets for 144, 146 and 137. Mine were hand made but I sent them to a laser shop and they cut them out for me. I will post some pics Monday.
Did you have to drill a hole for the ibex spring holder mount? I don't have my VR1 129 yet so I have no idea.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm amazed polaris doesn't make their own that would work with stock mounting locations. They would sell a ton of them.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,588 Posts
I'm amazed polaris doesn't make their own that would work with stock mounting locations. They would sell a ton of them.

Apparently Polaris doesn’t realize that scratchers are needed. My dealer has been informing them for years but it’s been falling on deaf ears. Looks like BRP will be selling more scratchers.

·
Vendor
10,507 Posts
some guys can stave up a anvil with a feather. these are snowmobiles. not meant for glare ice and rocks. i have customers that will ride on ice and bare dirt. there sleds look like it. have seen slim jim runners pulled right through the ski's. junk now. and a a lot of bent and holes blown through suspension rails from hooking cable scratcher's on rail road tracks. these are the guys that want everything warrantied also? no snow we don't go. so if your breaking ski-doo or IBEXX scratchers your doing something wrong.

·
Registered
150 Posts
some guys can stave up a anvil with a feather. these are snowmobiles. not meant for glare ice and rocks. i have customers that will ride on ice and bare dirt. there sleds look like it. have seen slim jim runners pulled right through the ski's. junk now. and a a lot of bent and holes blown through suspension rails from hooking cable scratcher's on rail road tracks. these are the guys that want everything warrantied also? no snow we don't go. so if your breaking ski-doo or IBEXX scratchers your doing something wrong.
That's fair. The day I broke my doo scratchers was the day my bud broke with ibexx ones. Was an iced over day in March this past year in the UP when they had a bunch of rain a few days before we went riding, so everything was iced over. Still, they kept the sleds cool until they broke. I think going forward I'll just use one at a time for insurance in case one breaks. They seem to do well with just one.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts