Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the Ski-Doo tunnel mount scratchers on a Matryx? I'm kind of over the cable version. I see they have different lengths, so if someone has a part number that'd be great.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone have trouble with these types of scratchers breaking? I put them on a cat last year and one broke fairly quickly. We were riding in very iced over conditions, but that's when you need it, right?

Yankee - what do the cable ones not do that you are looking for? Wondering since I was thinking of trying those instead.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have trouble with these types of scratchers breaking? I put them on a cat last year and one broke fairly quickly. We were riding in very iced over conditions, but that's when you need it, right?

Yankee - what do the cable ones not do that you are looking for? Wondering since I was thinking of trying those instead.
They're good for the most part. I've had them get pulled off (probably my fault). When it's cold I've seen the wire not spring back from its storage position, therefore not digging into the snow. I was never a fan of just hanging them on my rail becasue it would mark it up, but there are options for that now. Just looking to try something different. Rode with some Ski-Doo guys and liked the tunnel mount scratchers they had.

·
Premium Member
22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
3,459 Posts
I run the Doo tunnel mounts on my Assault. They work great! Installation is easy also. I have the rail mounted ones on my XC 650. You really can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran the ones in the video last season and loved them! I would normally drop them when the engine temp got to 150 or so and with the low snow last year they really helped cool the engine quickly. I already have a set sitting in my garage to put on my 2022 VR1 :)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Can they be mounted without drilling?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
I have them on an assault with no drilling, both a 144” and a 146”. Also have them on 137” and had to drill a hole for storage nub in the meatiest part of slide rail. They work so well it doesn’t bother me to drill a small hole where I did.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Can't for the life of me understand why a rail mounted scratcher is preferable to the tunnel mounted. Other than cost I guess. But who knows.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Can't for the life of me understand why a rail mounted scratcher is preferable to the tunnel mounted. Other than cost I guess. But who knows.
Easier install, no drilling. Those tunnel mounted ones are nice but I don't know how I feel about drilling that much into my brand new sled.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,588 Posts
The doo/SPI rail mounts are clean looking and work fairly well but they wear fast. I assume the ibex scratchers will also wear fast due to the fact that they don’t have carbide tips.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
The doo/SPI rail mounts are clean looking and work fairly well but they wear fast. I assume the ibex scratchers will also wear fast due to the fact that they don’t have carbide tips.
It does suck how fast the tips wear on the rail mounted kit. I bought some carbide tips for my wifes rail mounted kit and I'm going to see if they hold up. I think they will fall off. Next set will be the tunnel mounted set, just for the replacable tips. My rush I dont think I can make the tunnel mount work.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I ran the skidoo tunnel mount on on my vr1 last year. Going to put them on my xcr this year. They work week. Only thing I noticed is the ice build on them.my vr1 always had a large build of ice in the rear of tunnel.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts