Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And Polaris claims to have about 35% market share. So if Ski-Doo has 60%+ market share and Polaris has about 35% market share, I guess that means at the Arctic Cat and Yamaha COMBINED have about 5% share (so 1 in 20 new sleds sold are either an Arctic Cat or a Blue Arctic Cat).

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
And Polaris claims to have about 35% market share. So if Ski-Doo has 60%+ market share and Polaris has about 35% market share, I guess that means at the Arctic Cat and Yamaha COMBINED have about 5% share (so 1 in 20 new sleds sold are either an Arctic Cat or a Blue Arctic Cat).
sounds about right

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I call bullshit, They might have 40 % max, More lies from daffy!!!!
That is from a report to share holders, lying in that document would be a crime in the eyes of the Security and Exchange Commission and punishable by jail time and fines. If you think it is a lie, than please contact the Security and Exchange Commission (1-800-732-0330) and send a Ski-Doo executive to jail.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mind you, Ski-Doo having 60%+ market share and Polaris having about 35% market share is not good for consumers or the industry in general. Less competition typically means less choices and higher prices.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
In Maine, I see a ton of Ski-Doos on the trails, so I'm not surprised Doo is the sales leader by a significant margin. There are also lots and lots of Sea-Doos (including one that I own) on local lakes.

Trail Ryder, I know this is "HCS," not "HC-Ute," but just out of curiosity, do you have a chart for ATV and side-by-side sales by brand? Does anyone know how many ATVs and side-by-sides are sold annually compared to snowmobiles?

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trail Ryder, I know this is "HCS," not "HC-Ute," but just out of curiosity, do you have a chart for ATV and side-by-side sales by brand? Does anyone know how many ATVs and side-by-sides are sold annually compared to snowmobiles?
I believe Polaris is #1 in ATV and Side by Gay sales buy a huge margin, quality is another story though.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Doo was at 50% a few years ago (or so they claimed). They now have two brands and are very strong in Canada (with our market being only slightly smaller than the US now, while the US used to be 3 times the size). The largest infranational market worldwide is Quebec and BRP mops the floor with everyone here. The biggest losers are AC and Yamaha, which is why we all need the new Cat to succeed

1 - 20 of 101 Posts