Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that I have some of your atttention....I got a question for any of the cat guys know anything about the DOO? While my fcat is sitting in the garage waiting for parts for a week I thought I would use the spare sled(02 Legend 800)? Now this sled is equipt with the MPEM and DPM and im not the least bit familiar with this but I think it may be my problem as im told this is pretty much the brain of the sled. I was out on the lake riding at about 60-75 mp/h not really riding it too hard....well here and there.....and all of a sudden it completly quit like someone hit the kill switch....bogged down to a stop. Immediatly I got off and thought maybe plugs...pulled em and they were perrffect(light tan)..and tons of compression. Next I checked for spark and it had none so I thought maybe coil EXCEPT that it has electric start and pusing the start button did nothing. It didnt engage the starter and it had power from the battery. It looks like everything runs into the mpem so im thinking that may be toast. I dont know so if someone may have some ideas or whatever please let me know becuase there is a mpem set up on ebay for that sled and its a good deal but there is only 20 hrs left so I need to get some aswers or suggestions? Thanks in advance
Nate

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am not a skidoo guy but would start looking for bad wires or ground if the sled has been sitting or rubbed through..hope it helps

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not a skidoo guy but would start looking for bad wires or ground if the sled has been sitting or rubbed through..hope it helps[/b]
Well thanks for the suggestions? I as well am not a ski-doo guy but had to register on dootalk to see if I can get some help from them. Im not getting much luck.....maybe its because I have my cat listed as my primary sled lol......someone told me to test the stator as its sound that it may be a problem....I dunno?? I did check all wires and followed all grounds and everything looks good so far so ..... im at a little loss?

·
Registered
233 Posts
You said there's power from the batt., so check voltage at key, than starter switch, etc. If there's power there but you hit the switch and nothing than there's an open somewhere.If the frames grounded check and make sure there's a ground.Just check the obvious things first like the kill switch and make sure electrically it's closed. Maybe the contacts have ice or some shit on them.Never know, water in pure form is not conductive. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
stator i bet.. sounds like it,,,had it happen to a bud last year,,,,was riding with me then all of a sudden the trail cops stopped us to check paper work,,,, then restarted to go ,, and nada zip,, installed a new one , and all was fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts