Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the summer of 2019 i purchased a 2009 500ss with only 1900 miles on it for my 2019-2020 season. I was very skeptical but have read a lot of reviews on the sled but most of them were old, from when then sled was new. I decided to write my own 10 year review. This is a badass sled. Its light weight (only about 500lbs dry). Easy to maneuver around the deep snow. You dont feel as tired after a long day of trail or off trail riding because its not as heavy as most sled. It's got a strange amount of power for a 600. Lifts the skis right off the ground with ease! Starts 1st or second pull every time. I weigh 180lbs and have gotten the sled up to 85mph. It was still pulling but not that hard. Im sure with someone smaller on it it would go faster, but you're not doing 85mph in the trails anyway so crusin 50-60 is just fine. I've ridden/owned 440s-900s of every brand sled and this is by far my favorite sled. I would recommend this sled to anyone.

·
Registered
598 Posts
yep, i've got a 2010 TNT 600 carb. Favorite sled of all time, 409lbs dry, 472lbs ready to ride. Damn thing is just to fun to part with. Mine has around 7,000 miles i think. Not my main sled anymore.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
In the summer of 2019 i purchased a 2009 500ss with only 1900 miles on it for my 2019-2020 season. I was very skeptical but have read a lot of reviews on the sled but most of them were old, from when then sled was new. I decided to write my own 10 year review. This is a badass sled. Its light weight (only about 500lbs dry). Easy to maneuver around the deep snow. You dont feel as tired after a long day of trail or off trail riding because its not as heavy as most sled. It's got a strange amount of power for a 600. Lifts the skis right off the ground with ease! Starts 1st or second pull every time. I weigh 180lbs and have gotten the sled up to 85mph. It was still pulling but not that hard. Im sure with someone smaller on it it would go faster, but you're not doing 85mph in the trails anyway so crusin 50-60 is just fine. I've ridden/owned 440s-900s of every brand sled and this is by far my favorite sled. I would recommend this sled to anyone.
Awesome sleds

·
Registered
117 Posts
They had them as rentals in Old Forge and the guys that rented them loved them and they got great gas mileage compared to the Polaris we were riding

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They had them as rentals in Old Forge and the guys that rented them loved them and they got great gas mileage compared to the Polaris we were riding
Oh yeah thats another thing i forgot to mentuon is ththe MPG! I had an 08 dragon before this and that thing drank oil and gas. This ski doo will get close to 20 mpg if you keep a steady crusing speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My son rides a 2009 500ss also. He started riding it at 15 and is now 18. He loves the sled. He weighs around 140 and on a hard pack road has seen just under 100mph on the speedo. He gets around 12-14mpg and it sips oil. Great sled.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just sold my 04 500ss I owned for 8 years and my older brother owned since new. Just under 8k when I sold it and ran like a top on the original top end. Rode it hard and the 500ss got me back into sledding after a 10+ year layoff. These things are bulletproof and cheap nowadays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts