Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we had a group of 11 guys head up on New Years Day and we rode over 500 miles of great trails and backcountry!! Heres a few pics of the ride.......

[attachment=410769:Sidnaw.jpg]

Stopped by the JD trail cam...........
[attachment=410770:JD.jpg]

A pic from the cams point of view that day
[attachment=410772:T_cam.jpg]

Left Bridge in over the Portage
[attachment=410773:lift_b.jpg]

A view from under the bridge
[attachment=410774:under_bridge.jpg]

Skippin
[attachment=410775:chris.jpg]

Me doin a lil water crossin (Didn't really want to but ahhh well)
[attachment=410776:me.jpg]

Zwerk's turn
[attachment=410783:Z.JPG]

Now it's Fuzz's turn
[attachment=410777:1.JPG]

More throttle!!!
[attachment=410778:2.JPG]

Opps, I would hate to still be on that side!!
[attachment=410779:uh_o.jpg]

Lucked out and never got wet
[attachment=410780:hook.JPG]

Man Power!!!
[attachment=410782:pull.JPG]

More man power, drainin the air box
[attachment=410784:drain.jpg]

Lil water comin out!!
[attachment=410786:face_shot.jpg]

Huge field to play
[attachment=410787:field.jpg]

Playin around with the 800
[attachment=410789:zwerk.jpg]

Snow depth in Rockland at Henry's
[attachment=410791:depth.jpg]

Stopped on trail 8
[attachment=410792:buds.jpg]

Lake of the clouds minus a few
[attachment=410793:lok.jpg]

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Great pictures ! Looks exactly like all the ones I took up there last winter on our trip.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I remember the first time I saw Silver Mountain, we couldnt find the trail up the back side.....So we climbed the stairs and the pathways in waist to armpit deep snow....we were told it was an awesome view from the top. It was an awesome view, but we didnt give a hoot by the time we got up there.

(hey, it was 1981, ipods, blackberry's and video games werent around back then)

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
:lol: HAHAHAAH What a fuzz nut! As I scrolled my way down, I said OH shit, buzz is getting kinda low, I bet he is going down. I won't let him turn that one down. Looks like you cats had a good time, wish I could of been up there :( Next year I am going to make at least 1 trip ayear over there. Were are the powder pics at?

Why is there people missing in your group pics, did you have some drunks that stayed back?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: HAHAHAAH What a fuzz nut! As I scrolled my way down, I said OH shit, buzz is getting kinda low, I bet he is going down. I won't let him turn that one down. Looks like you cats had a good time, wish I could of been up there :( Next year I am going to make at least 1 trip ayear over there. Were are the powder pics at?

Why is there people missing in your group pics, did you have some drunks that stayed back?[/b]
Ya it was somethin when he went under................I really didn't get all that many pow pics because we had such a big group we didn't do a whole lot of boondockin but oh well..........Ya that one day Kolhagen had to take his rental back and Fuzz, Bierlien, and Squanda went back to houghton with him

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
That is a big group! But it prolly was fun the bigger the funner. I wish I could have seen buzz sink that. Justy did the same thing in Little Indian river by the Buckhorn. We Crossed a creek and he went down right on the edge, about the same deepth, that shit was funny. Looks like you guys had a good ride though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is a big group! But it prolly was fun the bigger the funner. I wish I could have seen buzz sink that. Justy did the same thing in Little Indian river by the Buckhorn. We Crossed a creek and he went down right on the edge, about the same deepth, that shit was funny. Looks like you guys had a good ride though.[/b]
It was a great time and I didn't even get wet. The next day I rolled it on a hill along the roadside but didn't even put a mark on it. I guess I got pretty lucky. Both nights I got shitfaced.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad we were up there last week and not this week!! Looks like it'll get good and cold again though, just need snow now

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where is that huge field and that little water skip if your leaving from houghton?[/b]
Huge field is south of Baraga on trail 15, so it's a ways from Houghton...............the lil waterskip is about 2 or 3 miles out of Hancock on trail 3 towards Dollar Bar, when the trail turns to the left just stay straight and its about a mile down

[attachment=411423:Skip.jpg]

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Huge field is south of Baraga on trail 15, so it's a ways from Houghton...............the lil waterskip is about 2 or 3 miles out of Hancock on trail 3 towards Dollar Bar, when the trail turns to the left just stay straight and its about a mile down

[attachment=411423:Skip.jpg][/b]
Thanks, if you guys are in houghton area again sometime this year let me know. School starts on monday and im bringing up my sled this semester. Should be there sat or sunday this weekend. Pray for some snow!!

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
:thumbsup: Great pix dude, looks like you guys had a blast, it would have definitely sucked to have been the dude to sink! :pointlaugh: :rofl:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, if you guys are in houghton area again sometime this year let me know. School starts on monday and im bringing up my sled this semester. Should be there sat or sunday this weekend. Pray for some snow!![/b]
Will do, might try to make i over that way one more time, we'll see

1 - 15 of 15 Posts